Darren Bent

Fenham Mag

I can see Lambert making Villa exciting. Turning beige into Cerulean or some other nice colour.

They already were to a point last season I thought, aided by having a gash defence in this aspect though. Very direct but not just long ball style. Reminded me a bit of us under Hughton but with a bit more pace. A team that knew it's strengths, eventually, and played to them well.

They'll do well next season if they keep Benteke, if not then obviously it'll depend on how he is replaced.

They've definitely shown they are capable of good attacking football they just need to be a bit tighter at the back. There's nothing wrong with being direct - so long as you are actually being direct to your own players and not kicking the ball away because you haven't got the stones to think about what to do with it.

They'll get a fortune from Benteke and like most other clubs they'll probably replace him this summer rather than in 18 months/a year  like we do.

:thup: Direct attacking football is often the most exciting for me. A lot of people seem to automatically think direct football is long ball football now but it is two different styles. Reminded me of us under Hughton too except we had a more solid defence.  :smug:

Guest Roger Kint

Am sure Ba would crawl over broken glass to come back here at less than half his Chelsea wage. That and the fact Ashley wouldnt pay the fee for him :lol:

Of course Ashley wouldn't cough up a fee, and of course we'd not sign the bloke back.

:lol: if we lost Cisse, I'd f***ing love Ba back man.

He'd probably refuse to wear the sponsors shirt  O0

Don't know man, Tiote is Cisse's best mate and not 1 single word from him on this and seemingly fine with it. All of the others seem OK as well.

Was only joking as don't see Ba every coming back anyway but it will piss me off if he eventually goes on loan to like West Ham or West Brom or something and they get a quality striker for free while we're left with fucking Shola probably.

Guest Phil K

Well, the excuses, "nearly there""over the line before season starts" crap as per expected

Mind, it's like Oliver Twist here - Fagin Ashley singing "You've gotta pick a pocket or two" and the fans holding up a metaphorical dish "Please sir, we need some more players"

Sorry - getting carried away there......

Dickens being used in a Darren Bent thread- I've seen it all now

Hard Times and Great Expectations aren't too far from this club tbh. We can only hope with Shola and Williamson for A Sale of Two Shitties.

:coat:

http://i.imgur.com/D8NCLyf.gif

Twitter World & FaceBook reporting: "According to sources close to ‪NUFC‬, Villa have accepted a bid for Bent, Personal terms have been agreed and he will be on Tyneside tomorrow for a medical". SKY Bet odds have also tonight moved from 4/7 to 1/4 ON.

Twitter World & FaceBook reporting: "According to sources close to ‪NUFC‬, Villa have accepted a bid for Bent, Personal terms have been agreed and he will be on Tyneside tomorrow for a medical". SKY Bet odds have also tonight moved from 4/7 to 1/4 ON.

Interesting, well he's better than Shola at least.

I thought this would have been tied up by now. It's inevitable. I'm not too fussed on this signing. Fairly cheap, has scored plenty goals in this league and it looks like a player our manager has identified, so you'd like to think he could get the best out of him by utilising a suitable system.

I thought this would have been tied up by now. It's inevitable. I'm not too fussed on this signing. Fairly cheap, has scored plenty goals in this league and it looks like a player our manager has identified, so you'd like to think he could get the best out of him by utilising a suitable system.

Same, as a player he's not a bad signing. Question marks are all about things like how we will play and Cisse's future.

Get Remy as well would be ideal. Keep Cisse obv.

Cisse's replacement seems to be lined up and ready for touchdown. Now we just need to concentrate on bringing in a replacement for Ba/Best. Remy would kill two firds with one stone and and one wage packet so I would think he should be high on the agenda.