The Official Alan Pardew Excuses Thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

But I think the task of finishing in the top five is more difficult for us because of the growth of some of the other clubs who were just below us.

“In particular, Liverpool and Spurs have spent a lot of money, and other clubs such as Swansea and Southampton have coordinated their financial strength really well.

f***ing hell, he's already shitting his pants about Swansea and Southampton. The season hasn't even started yet.

Or he's pointing out what many on here have already mentioned about them spending money fairly well and improving their squad, hardly would say he's shitting his pants, i can see they've spent well but i still fancy us to finish above said teams.

You are over estimating Pardew.  I'm almost certain we will finish below Southampton and Swansea.

I wouldn't say i'm overestimating Pardew, i've just got a lot of faith in the quality of our players to put it together on the pitch as a team.

What has faith in the players got anything to do with it?  It's like having faith in having a good car only to realise you got a complete inept halfwit behind the wheel.

But I think the task of finishing in the top five is more difficult for us because of the growth of some of the other clubs who were just below us.

“In particular, Liverpool and Spurs have spent a lot of money, and other clubs such as Swansea and Southampton have coordinated their financial strength really well.

Fucking hell, he's already shitting his pants about Swansea and Southampton. The season hasn't even started yet.

Nah, not really.

Just simply putting it out there that it seems Southampton and Swansea can go out and buy a £12m player, and a club as big as ours can't. He's right to ask why imho.

Guest icemanblue

I get the impression that's more of a dig than an excuse, to be fair. Well, it's not an excuse at all, but it could be a dig.

Even if tactics are wrong or style of play isn't to suit the players, individual ability can still win matches. I'm not saying that will be the case but not always does a good manager have to be in charge of a club for them to win games, class of the players on offer can pull through. I have my doubts regarding Pardew but i'm hoping we can get back on track under him and get some positive results on the board early on and kick on from there like we did couple of year ago.

Guest bimpy474

I get the impression that's more of a dig than an excuse, to be fair. Well, it's not an excuse at all, but it could be a dig.

I agree with this, especially the "Southampton are in a better financial position". We've been in the Premier League with more money from Sky, just been in the Europa for finishing 5th meaning more prize money.

That's a dig or an excuse for being shit before we've played, i'm going with the former as much as it pains me.

I agree with this, especially the "Southampton are in a better financial position". We've been in the Premier League with more money from Sky, just been in the Europa for finishing 5th meaning more prize money.

That's a dig or a excuse for seing s*** before we've played, i'm going with the former as much as it pains me.

He can dig all he likes these are just half hearted sound bytes again to appeal to the fans like he always does.

I'm not falling for it we all know on the inside how much he is smarting and in disbelief that somehow he is still in a job managing a club like nufc.

Trust me he's smiling on the inside.

"If there’s an obstacle in my way, I just have to jump over it. I think I’m the second longest serving Premier League manager, and longest serving manager at this club since Sir Bobby Robson. I’ve kind of earned my spurs, and sometimes in adversity I think the fans admire you more. I like to think last year I didn’t buckle and wasn’t negative about the players, the fans or the club."

:lol:

Heard him bang this drum a few times about how he should be admired for how he handled himself despite us struggling in the league etc. How else could he have acted other than if he'd resigned or something?

Credit to the fans inside the ground, they've turned on managers for a lot less. There's been no sort of negative chanting over and over about him, obviously you get the odd few idiots who stand up and hurl the abuse but you come to expect that. Different on here, think the real opinion of him is the majority hate him, just surprised that anger hasn't rolled over and been vented inside the ground. I'm glad it hasn't though, thought considering how bad we were last season we did our best to stick with him and the team. No wonder he generally thinks he is liked.

Heard him bang this drum a few times about how he should be admired for how he handled himself despite us struggling in the league etc. How else could he have acted other than if he'd resigned or something?

"Hey, I stuck to my poor tactics despite them being proven s*** every week, doing nothing to change our terrible results. Am I not great?"

Credit to the fans inside the ground, they've turned on managers for a lot less. There's been no sort of negative chanting over and over about him, obviously you get the odd few idiots who stand up and hurl the abuse but you come to expect that. Different on here, think the real opinion of him is the majority hate him, just surprised that anger hasn't rolled over and been vented inside the ground. I'm glad it hasn't though, thought considering how bad we were last season we did our best to stick with him and the team. No wonder he generally thinks he is liked.

He thinks he's liked because his arrogance wouldn't allow him to think anything else.

Guest bimpy474

That's a dig or a excuse for seing s*** before we've played, i'm going with the former as much as it pains me.

He can dig all he likes these are just half hearted sound bytes again to appeal to the fans like he always does.

I'm not falling for it we all know on the inside how much he is smarting and in disbelief that somehow he is still in a job managing a club like nufc.

Trust me he's smiling on the inside.

I've hated more than most and for longer than most and trust me i wouldn't miss a chance to slate him, but in this instance i think he's having a dig. Worry not, he shall give me ample ammo in the coming weeks no doubt :lol:

How the hell are Southampton in a much stronger financial position than us? Either he's talking complete dogshit or contrary to popular opinion the club is being run horrendously from a financial point of view.

How the hell are Southampton in a much stronger financial position than us? Either he's talking complete dogshit or contrary to popular opinion the club is being run horrendously from a financial point of view.

What he's said is that they've co-ordinated their financial strength really well. That could just mean they've borrowed money and spent now rather than wait for TV money to reach their bank accounts. Who knows? We know Mike likes to have the money in his account before he spends a bean.

What he's said is that they've co-ordinated their financial strength really well. That could just mean they've borrowed money and spent now rather than wait for TV money to reach their bank accounts. Who knows? We know Mike likes to have the money in his account before he spends a bean.

What, are they mad? The club will clearly go out of business. Leeds, Portsmouth etc.