Paul Dummett

Guest palnese

Do you know I think there might be an element of intelligence in his defending?

I've noticed a few times, when his opponent gets the ball he'll sit off him and let him make his decision, and quickly calculate the position that gives him the best opportunity to make a tackle. Then he runs as quick as he can to that spot, and more often than not he makes the tackle look easy.

I actually think he's been okay on the ball lately. Obviously he still can't run with it at his feet and the same limitations of turning quickly are there, but he's stopped acting like its a bomb all the time and isn't just looking to lose it as quick as possible.

I actually think he's been okay on the ball lately. Obviously he still can't run with it at his feet and the same limitations of turning quickly are there, but he's stopped acting like its a bomb all the time and isn't just looking to lose it as quick as possible.

Agree. Maybe he's...

IMPROVING UNDER RAFA. :ructions:

Good news on the contract, despite me believing we could do better. He's earned it. :thup:

Aye when your squad is as s**** as ours, players like Dummett tend to be invaluable. That's not to put him down, loads of average players make themselves good careers just by being dependable and having a positive attitude.

By good i suppose I mean memorable.

All Tummett in that photo more like

That’s Sanchez still trying to get out of his pocket man!

Not his biggest fan due to his woeful distribution but you can’t argue that he has made us more solid defensively since his return

Guest hydeous

Happy for him. Has actually shown signs of improvement in the attacking half of the pitch this season imo. Hoping for more, as he keeps learning.

Would love to see an upgrade or at least some competition in the left back position, to push him and help him get better, but it's not the highest priority at the moment.

Surprised he hasn't had more opportunities for Wales. Glad he's got a new contract.

Ben Davies is pretty similar to him just a lot better, so he gets the nod all the time.

Also, didn't Dummett spit out the dummy and make himself unavailable for selection because of it?

Aye he’s very slow on the turn.

In one of his early games. He did actually get rinsed by Jesus Navas, so slow on the turn. 

It doesn’t get exposed as much anymore but that’s a weird weakness. He’s pretty quick once he gets going. He tends not to get too tight. 

Simpson > Santon. For us.

Davide lad cost us goals on a weekly basis through sheer laziness. I don’t think Santon could have played at FB and Leicester win the league imo. Although he’s better suited to a possession based team than Simpson which we’ve not been for a long time.