NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we're not going to buy good player we may as well take a systematic approach to youth development to save us more money.

It's flabbergasting how the club somehow manages to do neither.

Limbo marra

Sammy is a decent impact player off the bench without really suggesting there's any real quality there. He still offers more out wide left than a lot of our senior players though, but that's because we buy players because they are good value rather than because we need a left winger. If there's a decent goalkeeper available out of contract we'll get him in rather than a forward.

I was actually pretty impressed with him when he played last season. There was a small run of games where he was starting and he looked like the only one with any drive to go forward, and was the only one looking to create, he gave us a different dynamic to our turgid set up. He then got injured when people were starting to take a liking to him. He also seemed to progress quite a bit from the season before.

Guest Rent-A-Quote

I was actually pretty impressed with him when he played last season. There was a small run of games where he was starting and he looked like the only one with any drive to go forward, and was the only one looking to create, he gave us a different dynamic to our turgid set up. He then got injured when people were starting to take a liking to him. He also seemed to progress quite a bit from the season before.

Same for me, but as his defensive contributions are nil and he takes risks a la Ben Arfa, then his pitch time when fit has been limited, and days are numbered.

Unfortunate as he's the trickiest player we've produced in a while, and has a bit pace. Can't believe I just said that about an ameobi

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/25/article-2222640-15AA28CA000005DC-567_468x316.jpg

Guest Rent-A-Quote

The lad needs a run of games, be it here or out on loan. To write him off at 22 is just feckin stupid. Peter Beardsley and Waddle would never have made  it in that case!

Of course but with our stratgy we're stuck in a rut. We have promising youngsters who we are too scared to play in first team and the only games they get is as a patch side in the early surrender rounds of cups. They should be out on loan developing as our academy and coaching is awful but we won't add to the squad so they get kept a hold of to make up the numbers. Then when the inevitable injuries hit and said youngsters short of game time and confidence are thrown in and don't perform, we're told they will be out on loan to develop and we'll have a better squad next year etc. Other than Cabaye, which was down to his own self determination, I can't think of one player who's truly improved under pardiola.

And Beardsley never made the grade here when he was young. Neither Shearer nor Carrick etc. We're awful with young players and the ones like Waddle and Gazza who we produce we sold way too early.

Same for me, but as his defensive contributions are nil and he takes risks a la Ben Arfa, then his pitch time when fit has been limited, and days are numbered.

Unfortunate as he's the trickiest player we've produced in a while, and has a bit pace. Can't believe I just said that about an ameobi

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/10/25/article-2222640-15AA28CA000005DC-567_468x316.jpg

:thup:

Guest chopey

Unfortunately some of our players have been tarred with the same brush as pardew and if we had a change of manager I'm sure they would get a second chance with the fans

I am a fan of Sammy and his lanky, awkward style of play. He'll have a decent career floating around the 15th-29th placed clubs in the English structure. Maybe even earn a few depressing caps for his adopted homeland.

That's him set for a career at Newcastle then

@MsiDouglas  28m

Back of today's Journal: Cabella reps have told #nufc he still wants SJP switch, despite Montpellier broadside last wk.

Do we have yawning smilie?

@MsiDouglas  28m

Back of today's Journal: Cabella reps have told #nufc he still wants SJP switch, despite Montpellier broadside last wk.

http://i.imgur.com/2LydJzy.gif

:lol: perfect

:lol: :lol: