NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How? It states he'd rather join someone else.

West Brom prefer our bid apparently. Hope so but will be surprised if he joins.

What's the point in signing someone who has commitment issues at best who is clearly not committed in the first place? That's the one positive I'm taking from the Townsend deal as he seem hell bent on joining us.

Couldn't care less tbh, none of the players already here actually want to be here when push comes to shove. Not going to make a fuss over an incoming player wanting to go elsewhere as given the chance the players we currently have would do the same.

Bit harsh that, I think this group is a lot more committed now that Pardew has stopped trying to flog them at every opportunity 

Couldn't care less tbh, none of the players already here actually want to be here when push comes to shove. Not going to make a fuss over an incoming player wanting to go elsewhere as given the chance the players we currently have would do the same.

:thup:

Hard to tell what the posturing is about with Townsend. They surely want rid, we seem to want to either buy him or loan him. He has barely featured for the team and is 18 months away from walking away for nothing. If they value him that highly they should be keeping him. Bizarre unless its some twisted posturing between Levy and Ashley.

Aarons should have filled this spot and if he was injury free I think he would have and there would be no need for Townsend. As it is I'd say we aren't convinced Aarons is going to stay injury free and Andros gives cover down either flank even if Aarons did get fit and hit form on a regular basis. We need more balance down the left clearly as almost all our play came down the right the first half of the season. Jonjo and Saviet will hopefully boost the middle with Gini and number 10. We just need a true left winger. Despite preferring the right Andros started and looks just as good on the left depending on what we want.

Don't think we're desperate for a wide player, just give Aarons a chance instead.

He gets injured looking in the mirror. I agree he has potential but it is only that at the moment, he has been injured on and off for 2 years - not a great sign for a young lad.  Kieron Dyer MKII

Think people are under estimating how talented Berahino is. He burst onto the scene at just 20 year old and was

West Brom's best player by far. How many players can do that at such a young age? He's fast, good on the ball and can finish. He plays on the pitch above his years.

There's obvious attitude problems but he still is young. Imagine earning a years wage in a week at the age of 21/22? I'm sure he will grow out of it, then we will have a player on our hands.

Hard to tell what the posturing is about with Townsend. They surely want rid, we seem to want to either buy him or loan him. He has barely featured for the team and is 18 months away from walking away for nothing. If they value him that highly they should be keeping him. Bizarre unless its some twisted posturing between Levy and Ashley.

For the sake of two weeks Levy will be hoping to get nearer £14m than £10.5m as our need to buy is greater than their need to sell.

For the sake of two weeks Levy will be hoping to get nearer £14m than £10.5m as our need to buy is greater than their need to sell.

They'll be able to get £10-11m for him in the summer regardless too.

Is it? Townsend has burned all bridges at Spurs and hasn't finished 90 mins in 2 years or something mad. If he continues to be frozen out (which he will) his value will only depreciate; Spurs should sell now while he still has his international status to cling on to.

Bera would transform our attack. Three players bombing forward on the counter. Sides would sit deeper and it would tie up another player. Teams would feel more insecure. Now they just bundle Mitro over or push him around and that's that.

Tottenham are rarely silly with money... they certainly wouldn't do a deal that was not in their best interest. Modric, Berbatov, Bale etc.. the only time I can remember them being done was when Sol Campbell left in his prime. They would have sold him a year or two earlier if they had any idea he'd go to Arsenal.

That's why i'm suspicious about the whole Townsend thing, if he's 14m quid worth of winger and they are going for a top 4, why not keep him?

Definitely not like they have to sell before they can buy either.

I don't think Townsend improves us that much (if at all) but Berahino would be massive. If we sign him and a left back I think we can be pretty versatile with the 4-5-1, 4-3-3 & 4-4-2 (diamond ala Chelsea w/Balack, Lampard & Deco) depending on injuries, suspensions and rotation.