NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Doumbia is getting crazy stick in here. Signing width and left-sided threat was more imporant anyway. But at least Doumbia is quick and has CL experience - we've had worse.

Definitely, 16 goals in 23 Champions League games.  Even this season he's got 6 in 8 Champions League games.

Depends on the opposition though.  If that's against the likes of PSG or Dortmund it's pretty good.  Against nugget utd from wherethefuckistan not so much.

The 6 this season were against PSV, Sporting Lisbon and Man Utd.  Not the absolutely highest level of opponent but good opposition.

Doumbia is getting crazy stick in here. Signing width and left-sided threat was more imporant anyway. But at least Doumbia is quick and has CL experience - we've had worse.

Definitely, 16 goals in 23 Champions League games.  Even this season he's got 6 in 8 Champions League games.

Depends on the opposition though.  If that's against the likes of PSG or Dortmund it's pretty good.  Against nugget utd from wherethefuckistan not so much.

5 against Man City i think and 1 against ManU.

Swansea seem intent on cashing in on their players. Shelvey, Ayew, Gomis etc.

Perhaps Gomis is available for a lower fee, they got him for free remember.

"For free". Guess they paid him a big sign on fee.

Point still stands. I doubt they paid him the 10m or so he would have cost in transfer fees. Perhaps they just want to cut their losses and take 4m or so?

I know theirs reports of 7m but that's too much IMO.

If we pay £4m for him we're absolutely off our fucking rockers.

Aye[emoji38]

Guest Roger Kint

Point still stands. I doubt they paid him the 10m or so he would have cost in transfer fees. Perhaps they just want to cut their losses and take 4m or so?

With his rumoured signing fee plus whatever he is due for not asking to leave even £7m would leave Swansea with next to nothing on the deal given they arent exactly rushing to replace him. Makes zero sense for any party

With his rumoured signing fee plus whatever he is due for not asking to leave even £7m would leave Swansea with next to nothing on the deal given they arent exactly rushing to replace him. Makes zero sense for any party

They've just signed Alberto Paloschi from Chievo for 8 million, pushes Gomis further down the pecking order...

Guest Roger Kint

They've just signed Alberto Paloschi from Chievo for 8 million, pushes Gomis further down the pecking order...

Another risk tbh. They are still in a relegation battle, reducing themselves back to one striker of dubious goalscoring ability doesnt sound like a good piece of business

The 6 this season were against PSV, Sporting Lisbon and Man Utd.  Not the absolutely highest level of opponent but good opposition.

Might as well post the full record:

23 games, 16 goals:-

Manchester United - 1

PSV - 2

Sporting Lisbon - 2

Sporting Lisbon - 1

Manchester City - 2

Manchester City - 1

Manchester City - 2

Inter Milan - 1

Trabzonspor - 2

Lille - 2

IF we sign Gomis  :jesuswept: then we deserve all we get, which will be relegation, nailed on.

We have given some hope, some limited smattering of a sense that we are trying to claw our way out of this shit by some positive signings.

Passing in midfield, some pace on the flanks, looking at our defensive weak point (one of the two) in loaning a LB..

Then IF we address the main issue, goals, by signing an absolute lump, a carthorse of a player: with no pace, no movement and an arse the size of Bimpys mrs then we deserve to be shot with shit.

Utterly pointless, we may as well persist with what we have or recall Armstrong. Gomis is utter shit.

Doumbia is closer to what we need. Pace, power and versatility. Seems a bit like oberfemi from the limited amount I have seen. In a way he might be better for us in the short term than berahino and might work better with Mitro. Also reported to have a great character and attitude on the training ground and towards other players.

Gomis brings next to nothing. A slight upgrade on Shola, won't compliment Mitro at all. Would be a massive failure if we end up there.

Scoring for fun in the Ecuadorian top flight, but it is the Ecuadorian top flight. Flamed out in MLS on loan a few seasons back. Top scorer in the Copa Sudamericana two years running, 6 goals in 12 for Ecuador including 2 at the Copa America last summer.

About as random a transfer rumor as it gets.

Guest palnese

GFF

An agreement is said to be in place in principle for the loan of Seydou Doumbia to Newcastle - Marseille to miss out bit.ly/1OXyFaO