NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Few twitters saying bid of £7m for Grenier.......:lol: again.

Wonder who's getting sold to fund that.

Marv and MYM on loan, Obertan and Hatem next. Saved wages innit.

Out:

Remy

Cabaye

Debuchy

Shola

Gosling

Marveaux

In

De Jong

Cabella

Janmaat

Riviere

Colback

Perez

I think three of the players gone are either worse than useless (Shola and Gosling actually hindered us by being here) or are rendered useless by Pardew (Marveaux).

Assuming Pardew can actually use the players brought in (:lol:) its not a stretch to see that as a improvement on squad depth, but it can easily be argued both ways.

Can the players brought in replace the goals and assists of Cabaye & Remy? That's 21 goals and at least 4 assists.

Think we'll struggle for goals again without a new striker. I'd take only 1 good striker as the last of our dealings. CM / Widemen we can get by on and finish top half with a 15 goal striker.

21 goals from De Jong, Cabella & Riviere is realistic.

10-15 I would say.

We need a striker.

Out:

Remy

Cabaye

Debuchy

Shola

Gosling

Marveaux

In

De Jong

Cabella

Janmaat

Riviere

Colback

Perez

I think three of the players gone are either worse than useless (Shola and Gosling actually hindered us by being here) or are rendered useless by Pardew (Marveaux).

Assuming Pardew can actually use the players brought in (:lol:) its not a stretch to see that as a improvement on squad depth, but it can easily be argued both ways.

Can the players brought in replace the goals and assists of Cabaye & Remy? That's 21 goals and at least 4 assists.

Think we'll struggle for goals again without a new striker. I'd take only 1 good striker as the last of our dealings. CM / Widemen we can get by on and finish top half with a 15 goal striker.

10-15 I would say.

We need a striker.

:thup:

I was looking at last years stats (league games).

With Remy and Cabaye in the team we had a 56% wins (18 games)

With only Remy in the team we had 50% wins (6 games)

Without them both we had 8% win ratio (13 games)

We need offensive threat to take some pressure of our defense.  De Jong, Cabella and Rivera will help but we still need someone to replace Remy and get us 10-15 goals.

Out:

Remy

Cabaye

Debuchy

Shola

Gosling

Marveaux

In

De Jong

Cabella

Janmaat

Riviere

Colback

Perez

10-15 I would say.

We need a striker.

:thup:

We definitely need a striker, but 10-15 between those three?  I reckon they'll get more than 20 between them.  Have a feeling De Jong will get around 10 himself.

ALAN PARDEW looks set to give youth its chance once more against Wellington Phoenix tomorrow morning, as work goes on back on Tyneside to strengthen his attacking ranks.

After failing to reach an agreement with Lyon for £16m-rated striker Alexandre Lacazette, the Magpies are weighing up cheaper alternatives and the loan system is viewed as a short-term solution.

Arsenal pair Joel Campbell and Serge Gnabry are two of the most realistic contenders to arrive on a season-long loan from the Emirates, with Arsene Wenger known to be open to offers for the duo.

Campbell is particularly attractive to a number of Premier League clubs following his impressive performances at the World Cup. He was also a key player for Olympiacos in the Champions League last season when he was on loan there.

The Greek club would like to take him back again and have even prepared a £5m offer, although Wenger is keen to see how the 22-year-old performs in the Premier League before making a decision on his long term future.

Newcastle’s relationship with Arsenal this summer has been helped by the sale of Mathieu Debuchy to the North London club. Full-back Carl Jenkinson had even been suggested as a possible makeweight in the deal.

Jenkinson is still somebody Pardew would like in his squad, but Arsenal are reluctant to let him go after losing out to Paris St Germain for Ivorian defender Serge Aurier, who had also been scouted by Newcastle.

That has led to discussions with Arsenal about Campbell, but nothing is imminent and Wenger is unlikely to sanction a season-long loan to Newcastle until nearer to the start of the Premier League season on August 16. Gnabry, younger, is a realistic alternative.

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/11365806.Newcastle_keen_to_give_youth_a_chance_as_Pardew_weighs_up_Arsenal_options/?ref=var_0

No thanks. Not sure why we can't give our young players a run in the side.

Gnabry's a winger/midfielder isn't he?

Massive lols on still being interested in Jenkinson.

Yup he is.

I'm totally against giving arsenals reserves first team football and handing them back as well.

It says it all that Pardews targets are the likes of Jenkinson and carr wants the like of Janmaat and Aurier.

Guest bimpy474

Yup he is.

I'm totally against giving arsenals reserves first team football and handing them back as well.

It says it all that Pardews targets are the likes of Jenkinson and carr wants the like of Janmaat and Aurier.

English grit and tackle...

Yup he is.

English garbage.

Expensive to dispose of.

None of them look prolific tbh, we lack a reliable goal scorer atm, and a reliable experienced one would not go amiss at all.

For their position they pretty much are even though its a weaker standard

Cabella scored 14 last season and De Jong regularity scores 15 a season when healthy. You replicate that in the PL and you're considered prolific for an attacking midfielder.

I don't expect them to do that mind, but they have been brought in to contribute a significant amount to our goal return.

Guest bimpy474

Yup he is.

English garbage.

Expensive to dispose of.

Actually i think Jenkinson is alright but Janmaat or Aurier are better players. I'm glad it's still Carr who is listened to, still begs the question why no one within the club is questioning Pardew's mismanagement of the players.

I used to be solely in the let the manager buy his own players and then live and die by them, until we got this prick as manager, which changed my mind in an instant.

Yup he is.

English garbage.

Expensive to dispose of.

Actually i think Jenkinson is alright but Janmaat or Aurier are better players. I'm glad it's still Carr who is listened to, still begs the question why no one within the club is questioning Pardew's mismanagement of the players.

I used to be solely in the let the manager buy his own players and then live and die by them, until we got this prick as manager, which changed my mind in an instant.

If they are listening to Carr over Pardew then surely they are admitting that the manager they have isn't working with the same philosophies as the club, in which case why is he still manager?

It's mind boggling, because we know he's shit, the club knows he's shit, we know the club knows he's shit, and the club knows we know he's shit, and surely even Pardew isn't deluded enough to not see that he's shit.