NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Roger Kint

Whats that got to do with it? The club has money ffs :lol:

Also has a massive debt to MA, to which MA controls. Why would he allow it to be used for transfers when we cant (well can, but very unlikely) go down? He could easily take it off the debt.

Ignoring the fact he has repeatedly said it wont come off the debt. None of that has anything to do with Ashley putting money in? The club is making profits, we spend f*** all to start with of course it can pay out money without further help from Ashley :lol:

Reportedly said. The point i was trying to make is MA will  (i guess) see the clubs money as his own. He can take it out when he wants. and how much profit did we make? It's slipped my mind.

No its been repeatedly said in the accounts and by his previous mouthpiece Llambias that his money stays there til a sale. The fact you still use 'i guess' while claiming to know how he thinks says it all. The current accounts arent released yet so we dont know the exact figures but we can bet its up from last year(and will be even higher next year)

Either way you are wrong.

Long isn't great but is better than Shola & arguably Cisse currently so :thup:

You just know Pardew will play Shola ahead of Long though. :lol:

For that reason I rather we get someone who can hold the ball up front and replace Shola's role in the side.

Whats that got to do with it? The club has money ffs :lol:

Also has a massive debt to MA, to which MA controls. Why would he allow it to be used for transfers when we cant (well can, but very unlikely) go down? He could easily take it off the debt.

Ignoring the fact he has repeatedly said it wont come off the debt. None of that has anything to do with Ashley putting money in? The club is making profits, we spend f*** all to start with of course it can pay out money without further help from Ashley :lol:

Reportedly said. The point i was trying to make is MA will  (i guess) see the clubs money as his own. He can take it out when he wants. and how much profit did we make? It's slipped my mind.

You might be right in that we won't spend (though personally I think we'll do so if their's good deals going).  But at the end of the day whether we spend or not it has nowt to do with Ashley saying he won't invest in the club anymore.  Especially since he's actually put money in since that was said.  Of course he got that money back from the club a season or two later, but the point is he is still prepared to put money in, just not prepared to add to the long term interest free loan.

Also of course as Roger Kint says the club can generate its own funds.  Not sure how much will be spare right now.  But certainly when the first Wonga sponsorship payment and increased TV money arrives in a few months time their should be quite a significant excess (£30-£40m?).

Anyway the really obvious lie you didn't pick up on was them saying Pardew had been assured he would have money to spend :)  If we do spend anything he won't be the one deciding who its spent on.

Guest reefatoon

McGeady has looked appaling every time I've seen him play.

He reminds me of Duff. All huff and puff and no end product.

He was always on the verge of being a quality player but lacked the extra 10%. As you say it is his end product mainly and I think his attitude isn't the best too.

He was always on the verge of being a quality player but lacked the extra 10%. As you say it is his end product mainly and I think his attitude isn't the best too.

becoming part of N-O's vernacular.

:lol: Very true.

Guest Roger Kint

Close thread(from the fans forum yesterday)

CF: "Does the club expect or hope to strengthen in January?"

The board explained its view was that the current squad is stronger than it has been for some time. It was stated that if the right player became available for the right price, perhaps the club would bring someone into the squad. If not, it would not add to it.

Close thread(from the fans forum yesterday)

CF: "Does the club expect or hope to strengthen in January?"

The board explained its view was that the current squad is stronger than it has been for some time. It was stated that if the right player became available for the right price, perhaps the club would bring someone into the squad. If not, it would not add to it.

Exactly as expected.

No danger of relegation so no money spent.

Fat Mike laughing on his way to the bank.