NUFC transfer rumours in the press

Rich
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ideally we'd bring in about 12 players tbh, it's what we need. But if it's a choice of a left winger or a pacey striker who's good on the ball I'd go with the striker, he can fill in on the wing if needs be.

Tbh I think were only lacking a left back, centre back, and striker and we'd have a decent top half team. I said at the start of the season, when Mclaren first signed, that if we use this season as a transitional one, and build a squad and invest in the team getting 3-4 players in each window, that I'd be happy with that, admittedly we've been shitter then expected, but if we get another player or two, then manage to push away from the drop zone, then invest again in the summer, I'd be relitivly okay with this season, looking at the long term. Obviously there are some big its, but still.

The Shelvey signing is a huge shift IMO. It will be an even bigger shift if he's a success.

Now I'm left wondering,  who else in this league are we willing to sign? If they are young, talented and out of favour by their clubs you could guess we are willing to pick up the pieces. It's no surprise that we are after Townsend, Shelvey and Berahino, they all fit this policy.

The Shelvey signing is a huge shift IMO. It will be an even bigger shift if he's a success.

Now I'm left wondering,  who else in this league are we willing to sign? If they are young, talented and out of favour by their clubs you could guess we are willing to pick up the pieces. It's no surprise that we are after Townsend, Shelvey and Berahino, they all fit this policy.

Same model as before, just a slight shift in strategy. If they shifted and are now actually targeting down and out young players who've previously showed glimpses of potential then it's more in line with that model documented in the Money Ball movie.

Ideally we'd bring in about 12 players tbh, it's what we need. But if it's a choice of a left winger or a pacey striker who's good on the ball I'd go with the striker, he can fill in on the wing if needs be.

Tbh I think were only lacking a left back, centre back, and striker and we'd have a decent top half team. I said at the start of the season, when Mclaren first signed, that if we use this season as a transitional one, and build a squad and invest in the team getting 3-4 players in each window, that I'd be happy with that, admittedly we've been shitter then expected, but if we get another player or two, then manage to push away from the drop zone, then invest again in the summer, I'd be relitivly okay with this season, looking at the long term. Obviously there are some big its, but still.

We have nothing in reserve though, either as backup for injuries or for the future, our starting XI is a little unbalanced but probably only 3-4 players from being very good. We'll always be susceptible to an absolute spanking though and poor runs of form through injuries and tiredness, we only compete in 1 competition and see this.

As a club we seem to be of the opinion that any keeper better than Rob Elliot is a luxury, it's like that in almost every position too, Armstrong (loaned out) and Aarons are the only young players we have with any obvious potential, and as everyone has a price with us Wijnaldum might not even be here next season, and he'll be nigh on impossible to replace 1-for-1.

Loved Matt Phillips last season and was hoping we would be in for him in the summer. That said. Snacks of sissoko replacement rather than left wing solution. While Andros started at left wing. Not sure Phillips is as comfortable. Don't really know enough about his left wing experience. Always seem him on the right. 

He scored 20 last season, his talent is not up for debate IMO. Will accept his attitude is a question mark however.

Similar situation to Shelvey. Also unfair to judge a talented small striker while playing for a Tony Pulis team

He scored 20 last season, his talent is not up for debate IMO. Will accept his attitude is a question mark however.

Similar situation to Shelvey. Also unfair to judge a talented small striker while playing for a Tony Pulis team

Definitely :lol: Or any striker for that matter, no idea why anyone would willingly want to play for him. I know Berahino was already there but speaking in general.