Aston Villa vs. Newcastle United - 14/09/13 @ 3pm (No TV)

Deuce
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just as easily imagine Benteke destroying Saylor as I can him outdoing Mapou really.

MYM can defo match him for pace. Think Taylor would be more likely to get to a header tbh.

When people in the media talk about our front line, they always go on about how much pace they have.

I don't get it. Agbonlahor, yes, obviously, but Benteke and Weimann aren't particularly pacy.

I just as easily imagine Benteke destroying Saylor as I can him outdoing Mapou really.

MYM can defo match him for pace. Think Taylor would be more likely to get to a header tbh.

When people in the media talk about our front line, they always go on about how much pace they have.

I don't get it. Agbonlahor, yes, obviously, but Benteke and Weimann aren't particularly pacy.

Weimann is pretty rapid... Benteke less so but no slouch...

Anytime I've seen Weimann, I've thought he's looked pretty quick. Looks a canny player too, I like him.

Weimann is pretty rapid... Benteke less so but no slouch...

Never noticed Weimann looking particularly quick at all :dontknow:

Guest Alan_Shearer

Does anyone reckon  they will be selling tickets for the away end on the gate on the day like they did last season? Trying to put off buying a membership as long as poss!

I've always wondered how realistic is to measure a player's pace from the stands. Obviously if someone is repeatedly beating someone for pace that's a decent clue as to who is faster but depending on the situation that might have more to do with momentum or just shit defending than foot speed.

I concede that some players are just so ridiculously fast or slow that it's visible, but I feel like that for the vast majority fans wouldn't be able to make an accurate assessment of how fast they are.

My interest was tweaked in last 15 mins against Fulham with Remy in the team and I could see possibilities. I await tomorrow to see my little bit of optimism fully smashed to pieces and doom and gloom returns.

Please Pardew for the sake of football attack them and fuck them up

Does anyone reckon  they will be selling tickets for the away end on the gate on the day like they did last season? Trying to put off buying a membership as long as poss!

I doubt it.

We sold out our initial allocation and all have left on sale now are a batch of restricted view tickets for a £ cheaper than the original ones.