Newcastle United vs Hull City - 21/09/13 @ 3pm

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest The_Optimistic

Still plenty of seats available, even the odd one in the east stand which is rare a day before a game.  Looks like crowd will be around 48k unless they sell well today and if hull have sold their allocation.

Still plenty of seats available, even the odd one in the east stand which is rare a day before a game.  Looks like crowd will be around 48k unless they sell well today and if hull have sold their allocation.

West Ham was nearly 50K with pessimism and a poor following by their standards.

The current mood of relative optimism and a decent Hull following will take it to 50K plus.

Was just having a look at a Hull City forum (yes I was also surprised they had a forum :lol:).  Most of them are sensible enough but they've got a few right fruit loops on their like.  Here's a nice example of the insanity:

Dont see much at all to worry about with Newcastle. Other than Cardiff they will be the poorest team we have faced sio far in the PL.

IF Hull City play like they did @ Manchester City then we shall win me thinks. As for Ben Arfa we must keep him off his left peg. Cabaye blows hot and cold. Livermore can do a job on him for us.

Sid James Park is a nice big pitch and will suit us well. Get your wonga on a Danny Graham goal and a Hull win.

Is Cabaye better than Huddlestone?

Is Ben Arfa better than Aluko?

I don't see why we can't get a point or 3

We have a good recent record vs the Toon, they didn't beat us at all during our last visit to the PL

Is "Ben Arfa better than Aluko?" :spit:

Was just having a look at a Hull City forum (yes I was also surprised they had a forum :lol:).  Most of them are sensible enough but they've got a few right fruit loops on their like.  Here's a nice example of the insanity:

Dont see much at all to worry about with Newcastle. Other than Cardiff they will be the poorest team we have faced sio far in the PL.

IF Hull City play like they did @ Manchester City then we shall win me thinks. As for Ben Arfa we must keep him off his left peg. Cabaye blows hot and cold. Livermore can do a job on him for us.

Sid James Park is a nice big pitch and will suit us well. Get your wonga on a Danny Graham goal and a Hull win.

We have a good recent record vs the Toon, they didn't beat us at all during our last visit to the PL

jesus, they are fucking crazy. Hope we tear them a new one

Comments like this infuriate me. If we lose it just reinforces their ridiculous beliefs. Aluko ffs, what is that cretin on?

Guest reefatoon

Christ, what a shite day it was the last time we played these at home in the premiership. . . . though we did see a Xisco goal.  Remember the atmosphere being complete poison.

Fancying a 3 - 1 against Big Bouncy Brucey's Bunch of Bastards.

All MOTD had to do was show the time he burned down the outside and put a really dangerous cross in with his right in the same game to dispel that stupid bit of punditry.

As for this game, I'm always confident when we have a fit and firing Ben Arfa in the team. Like most teams when you have a top player he should be the difference between the two sides.

Looking at some other forums it seems incredible how a small comment by Alan Hansen can affect the opinion of people.  I've seen a few places now where fans just talk about keeping off his left foot / from cutting in.

What Hansen said is plain stupid.

Quite a few years ago I was talking to someone who made a good living in football management about a young Chris Waddle who was playing for us in the 2nd division at the time. He told me that he would never play at the highest level because good defenders would push him onto his right leg and stop him playing. That turned out to be utter bullshit too.

Looking at some other forums it seems incredible how a small comment by Alan Hansen can affect the opinion of people.  I've seen a few places now where fans just talk about keeping off his left foot / from cutting in.

What Hansen said is plain stupid.

Quite a few years ago I was talking to someone who made a good living in football management about a young Chris Waddle who was playing for us in the 2nd division at the time. He told me that he would never play at the highest level because good defenders would push him onto his right leg and stop him playing. That turned out to be utter bullshit too.

I wonder what he was thinking when waddle took us to within the width of post to the World Cup Final.