The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

6 minutes ago, Kimbo said:

It’s a mixture of ego and lack of imagination.

100% ego. He’s a very, very good manager in his own words. 

But I’m sure he’ll roll out that football is in his blood. Along with copious amounts of uric acid. 

Regardless of the heights we may climb to, I'd far rather go down supporting a Newcastle without Ashley and Bruce than finish 13th with that pair of intestinal parasites. 

That's forgetting it's their fucking mess the current lot are trying to tidy. 

Horrible bastard. 

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Regardless of the heights we may climb to, I'd far rather go down supporting a Newcastle without Ashley and Bruce than finish 13th with that pair of intestinal parasites. 

That's forgetting it's their fucking mess the current lot are trying to tidy. 

Horrible bastard. 

Absolutely this. I sometimes have to remind myself when we draw against Watford or whatever.

24 minutes ago, Sima said:

He’s made a rod for his own back with that comment, the stupid cunt.

Nah that comment will be readily forgotten by his pals when the inevitable soundbites start coming about the squad needing investment. 

7 hours ago, Sima said:

He’s made a rod for his own back with that comment, the stupid cunt.

That's the thing, it will all be forgotten about

Remember when he himself at the start of the season said top 10 was his target and then when it was clear that wasn't going to happen his tune changed to survival is what this club is all about

Yet his media pals didn't pick him up on his comments about top 10 and if it goes wrong at West Brom it will go the same way

Rodgers coming out swinging against his players tonight, fuck me that’s a brave or incredibly stupid decision:

"It was an awful performance and I have to apologise to the supporters,” Rodgers said.

“To come here, the first game between the two sides for a long time, a great atmosphere, in derby games you need authority and you need physicality. Those two were sadly missing from our performance.

"I said to the players after that for the first time since I’ve been here I’ve been embarrassed. It was an embarrassing performance.”

Asked to put his finger on the main issue in the side’s performance, Rodgers said there was a lack of hunger, again suggesting, as he did on Friday, that a refresh of the squad is needed in the summer to get around it.

He said: “It’s hunger. I said it before about having changes in the squad. It’s a lack of hunger.”

8 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Didn't he "retire" when he was sacked here? That lasted long :lol:

He’s the most disingenuous cunt in football.

I wonder what he would need to do in football to get the shit reputation that be deserves. He isn’t even yesterdays man, he’s just utter shit. 

2 hours ago, Fantail Breeze said:

Rodgers coming out swinging against his players tonight, fuck me that’s a brave or incredibly stupid decision:

"It was an awful performance and I have to apologise to the supporters,” Rodgers said.

“To come here, the first game between the two sides for a long time, a great atmosphere, in derby games you need authority and you need physicality. Those two were sadly missing from our performance.

"I said to the players after that for the first time since I’ve been here I’ve been embarrassed. It was an embarrassing performance.”

Asked to put his finger on the main issue in the side’s performance, Rodgers said there was a lack of hunger, again suggesting, as he did on Friday, that a refresh of the squad is needed in the summer to get around it.

He said: “It’s hunger. I said it before about having changes in the squad. It’s a lack of hunger.”

His results have been awful for a while - if he’s publicly questioning their desire, then either it’s a last throw of the dice, or the dressing room is already on fire… 

7 hours ago, DMLeazesender said:

Rodgers is and has always been an over rated cunt of the highest order.

He won them a cup and has consistently had they doing well in the league until recently.

Definitely seems like the end of a cycle mind. Some of the players probably feel like there's nothing left to realistically achieve there now. Won the league and now the cup, if they want to either again there is a lot of rebuilding to be done and a level of investment needed that only owners like ours or City can sustain.

7 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

He won them a cup and has consistently had they doing well in the league until recently.

Definitely seems like the end of a cycle mind. Some of the players probably feel like there's nothing left to realistically achieve there now. Won the league and now the cup, if they want to either again there is a lot of rebuilding to be done and a level of investment needed that only owners like ours or City can sustain.

He won a cup a cup with what was a Title winning team. Did fuck all at Liverpool considering the squad he had. I don't include the Scotland minnie mouse league.

Put him at an ordinary club with shit players and he's no better than Steve Bruce (imo)

Rodgers is clearly a good coach, but like so many, he has a ceiling and it looks like he/Leicester/the players under him have hit that/their ceiling and unless he can do what Fergie expertly did time and time again in reinventing a whole new team every other cycle to stay fresh and at the top, it will always end up coming undone and he’s not shown he can do that, but will need to either at Leicester or his next club. 

If not he will be a jump start type appointment with initial early success, then a downward trajectory to follow. If he is still there after the end of the season, how they do in the transfer market will make or break his time at the club, never mind an FA Cup win. I’d be cautious myself that they always seem to be on the verge of the top 4 but fail in the end. 

Edited by HTT II