The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Poch got Spurs into the Champions league four seasons out of five. How were they doing before then?

Just confirms to me what an absolute slimeball Daniel Levy is.

Tim Sherwood invited a fan on to the bench to manage the team for 'banter'.

Poch got Spurs into the Champions league four seasons out of five. How were they doing before then?

Just confirms to me what an absolute slimeball Daniel Levy is.

Pardew led Newcastle to their best league finish in over 10 years.

Pardew wasn't sacked so how is that comparable??

The Spurs players are in for a rude awakening.

I get the feeling that Pochettino had become a bit of a soft touch with them.

I think initially a lot more will be demanded from them and they will do very well individually and as a team. They've got some fantastic players, and a lot of the physical types Mourinho likes.

The issues will come once Mourinho starts getting into it with Levy over signings and control etc.

However you look at it, Mourinho is a great manager. Question is whether he's a better fit for the Spurs strategy, or are they planning to change their approach to buy their way to the next level?

Can you see Levy suddenly opening the purse strings for Mourinho? He wouldn't do it for Pochettino and they reached the CL final last season.

I have plenty of respect for Mourinho's achievements, but why would he be more successful at Spurs than he was at Man U where he had an open purse?

If you gave Poch that type of freedom, who's to say he wouldn't have done better?

Tell you what really makes me sick is when you open the papers and you read stories like " Why it was time for Poch to go".

These journalists were always the first to call us ungrateful if we grumbled about Pardew or Fat Sam, yet when it's their own club they start crying because they aren't in a CL position in November.

Tell you what really makes me sick is when you open the papers and you read stories like " Why it was time for Poch to go".

These journalists were always the first to call us ungrateful if we grumbled about Pardew or Fat Sam, yet when it's their own club they start crying because they aren't in a CL position in November.

That really gets to me too

With Spurs, do you blame Poch from the problems with Eriksen and the center halves wanting away? They're at a club with a low pay structure. The cost of the stadium is not their fault.

Would it have happened if Levy had simply said, "All right Toby kid, here's 100,000 a week like Valencia or Gary Cahill or ... (insert other high paid PL defender)"?

Man City and PSG haven't been to the CL final and their players are minted.

I think initially a lot more will be demanded from them and they will do very well individually and as a team. They've got some fantastic players, and a lot of the physical types Mourinho likes.

The issues will come once Mourinho starts getting into it with Levy over signings and control etc.

This is the opposite of what’s coming out.

Poch’s Never been very friendly with players and demands a lot from them.  Double training sessions. Press in matches. They stopped responding. Some got old. Tired of the same message. 

Physically Jose is less demanding and yhws intense relationships with players. Poch keeps his stance.

Have your ever read anything about Pochettino? All indications are that the players were sick of how intense he was if anything

Sick to the back teeth with the amount of coverage this is getting, like.

Mourinho is a favourite of theirs (almost PFM level type support!) and they love to see any foreign manager get the boot.

Anyone seen the SSN feature on Mourinho? Their training ground is the best in the world never mind the stadium! To think we were level pegging with them when the fat wanker bought us FFS

Even more incredible is how they have managed to invest huge amounts to build world-class facilities while also building and maintaining a top 4 squad. Levy could easily have sold them the idea of years in mid table in exchange for the stadium etc before pushing for top 4.

Ungrateful fuckers, he filled a wheely bin with ice for their joints ...................................a full fuckin wheely bin ...............at £1 a bag I bet thats about £50, no wonder he's packed in going to home games

However you look at it, Mourinho is a great manager. Question is whether he's a better fit for the Spurs strategy, or are they planning to change their approach to buy their way to the next level?

Can you see Levy suddenly opening the purse strings for Mourinho? He wouldn't do it for Pochettino and they reached the CL final last season.

I have plenty of respect for Mourinho's achievements, but why would he be more successful at Spurs than he was at Man U where he had an open purse?

If you gave Poch that type of freedom, who's to say he wouldn't have done better?

You'd assume that whatever Mourinho demanded to take the job, is happening, and whatever middle ground was decided, happened. And a transfer kitty was probably discussed...he is too well represented to be taking something and being fed lies. He's too smart for that.

Yeah that's true. There's also a lot to work with in that squad as it is.

He'll love a midfield three of Ndombele (Mikel role), Sissoko (Essien role) and Alli (Lampard role) I imagine.

Son, Kane and I'm guessing Lucas Moura as his front three.

Got a lot of top defenders too that will look a lot better in a slightly more defensive setup.

Could be very good.