The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Minging cunt that he is.

Taken them as far as he could. Really should've done better this season after making the playoffs last year. However the two awld codgers - Nixon and Jenkins - that own the club won't spend any money despite getting some investment from the bloke who owns Edinburgh Woollen Mill.

Lee Clark's been clocked at Brunton Park recently. Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. It's a "name" for them to try and fob the fans off with and it's a piss easy daily commute for Clark from Newcastle.

Claude Puel fighting to save his job at Leicester City as club plans big-money squad overhaul this summer

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/26/claude-puel-fighting-save-job-leicester-city-club-plans-big/

Terrible result today. They might be in trouble next season if they lose Mahrez and/or Vardy and don't invest properly

You'd think they're both a chance of going off the boil if they did remain.

Rangers have a 3pm press conference to confirm Gerrard's appointment, will be interesting to see how he does.

He's been stuck in his Liverpool bubble all his life. I'm not convinced he's got the experience to be starting at a club the size of Rangers.

Rangers have a 3pm press conference to confirm Gerrard's appointment, will be interesting to see how he does.

He's been stuck in his Liverpool bubble all his life. I'm not convinced he's got the experience to be starting at a club the size of Rangers.

Essentially Rangers in the Scottish Prem would equal an English League One club these days, no? Just tons of people still attending their games. Don't see it as too big a challenge, all he needs is to finish second and job's a good'un. Plus, if he can't finish second in that league with a club like Rangers, he'll just prove to be utter shit.

He's completely mad to take that imho.

Yes, its gonna be absolute car crash. Celtic is miles ahead financially, Rangers cant compete with them. Those days are far behind and entitled Rags fans just cant realize that. Gerrard is axed before christmas.

Essentially Rangers in the Scottish Prem would equal an English League One club these days, no? Just tons of people still attending their games. Don't see it as too big a challenge, all he needs is to finish second and job's a good'un. Plus, if he can't finish second in that league with a club like Rangers, he'll just prove to be utter shit.

On a purely footballing context, i'd probably agree. With his football knowledge, there aren't many reasons why he couldn't do a reasonable job.

My thinking was more handling being manager at such a big club and being able to handle all the politics that come along with it. He's spent so long being treated like a god and more than likely (nearly) always getting his own way, this is going to be a hell of a challenge for him.

Bizarre seeing that crowd of Scotch chanting Gerrard's name, is he really that big of a deal? He's never been a managers job before, he might be good but chances are he won't be. I'd be gutted if we made an appointment like that.