The Managerial Merry Go Round™ - Brighton appoint Fabian Hurzeler / Ten Hag to stay at Man Utd

cp40

His quotes about us [emoji38]

"Newcastle is gone. It's a chapter of my football life. I want them to do well under Eddie. In a few years they might think finishing 12th and 13th mightn't have been so bad after all.

"Now it's time to take West Brom forward.

"I think Newcastle will stay up. Nothing has changed, though they've added a fair few to their squad. I wish them the best of luck."

On 02/02/2022 at 17:54, GeordieDazzler said:

How long until he has an unprovoked dig at Newcastle fans? First presser? 

"Newcastle is gone. It's a chapter of my football life. I want them to do well under Eddie. In a few years they might think finishing 12th and 13th mightn't have been so bad after all.

"I think Newcastle will stay up. Nothing has changed, though they've added a fair few to their squad. I wish them the best of luck."

:bruce:

49 minutes ago, nbthree3 said:

I'm not going to subject myself to the interview but that certainly reads like the bitter goblin he is.

12th and 13th may not be so bad after all? As long as you didn't destroy the club beyond repair we won't be 'aiming' anywhere near 12th and 13th from next season you utter drip. :lol:

Fucking hate the abuse line. In 2019-20 when fans were in the ground it was never hostile towards Bruce. In 2020-21 fans weren't in the ground and Bruce isn't on social media, so the only 'abuse' Bruce got was what his bitter cunt of a son selectively told him. This season the crowd turned at Southampton (h). Even then it was just 'we want Brucie out'. Hardly vitriolic. Such a myth that'll be perpetuated to the nth degree.

He's never going to stop milking that 12th and 13th finish, one season relied on defenders scoring goals in the last minute, the other a purple patch of goals from a loanee. He could easily have relegated us in either one the jammy fat bastard.

3 minutes ago, TRon said:

He's never going to stop milking that 12th and 13th finish, one season relied on defenders scoring goals in the last minute, the other a purple patch of goals from a loanee. He could easily have relegated us in either one the jammy fat bastard.

We were never going to go down in 2019-20 tbf. We were safe after beating Southampton away, the last game before COVID, put us on 35 points with 9 or 10 games left. Bruce however did live off of defenders scoring goals and Benitez' defensive tendencies not wearing off.

We were 17th when we kicked off the last game of last season. Every result needed to go our way to finish 13th, the highest possible finish at kick off, did. Such a false position. 

2 hours ago, nbthree3 said:

Cannot wait to watch that 12th and 13th sentence age like milk.

On 04/02/2022 at 11:14, Fantail Breeze said:

A born winner without a single honour to his name as a manager.

Even his promotions from the Championship were a result of finishing 2nd or playoffs.

Hasn’t won a single thing, unless you count his solitary PL Manager of the Month award.

Like you said Birmingham was through the play-offs where they finished in the same posistion as they did the previous season (with less points and via a penalty shoot-out).

He also relegated the two clubs he got promoted and failed to achieve that at Villa, Huddersfield, Sheffield United, Sheffield Wed and Palace but nevermind.

Just read "He had a 27.4% win percentage from 84 league games at Newcastle, the ninth best compared to previous Newcastle managers who had been in charge of at least 20 matches in the Premier League era" - How many do they think we've had that fall into that category?  I've only counted 10 including Bruce.

Edited by Wolfcastle

"Newcastle is gone. It's a chapter of my football life. I want them to do well under Eddie. In a few years they might think finishing 12th and 13th mightn't have been so bad after all."

classless snidy c**t has the edge to boast about this whilst were still trying to scramble out of the s**t he put us in by not winning a single one of his largely winnable nine games this season and leaving us with a literally unfit squad of players. If we go down it'll be largely his fault and I consider that quite bad as it happens Bruce. C*nting c*ntly c**t of a c**t that he is.

Edited by Wolfcastle

16 hours ago, Ste said:

I give it a maximum of 9 months before Alex Bruce starts blocking their fans and feuds with a local journalist.

It's going to be hilarious to watch him melt down when he realises how much Fat Mike's little media army was sheltering his dipshit father.

16 hours ago, toon25 said:

Some absolute fucking whopper - the 'Champo lead correspondent' from Talkshite no less - said that WBA fans would be delighted to see an improvement in footballing style [emoji38]

Well of course. The narrative up here was that he was hamstrung with a squad of players that had negative defensive football drilled into them by the previous manager, and he struggled (for 2.5 years) to get them to play on the 'front foot'.

He's probably glad he was overlooked for the Everton job for the same reason.

Wonder if when he leaves after fucking another club up, whether WBA fans become just the second fanbase of all his former clubs to have fond memories of him, or whether they’ll be like everyone else and despise the useless cunt?