The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Everton probably aren't going to be much better than sixth, and why not move to Arsenal from Southampton?

If Everton finish 6th next year he'll be lauded, Southampton finish lower he'll have regressed. Proves he's not just a one club story in England too, given he has a chequered history prior to So'ton. From a personal Pov I'd be way more inclined to manage a club like Everton than a non-entity doing well like Southampton. Given he grew up in 80s too, Everton carry a fair bit of weight from then.

Was hearing on the radio they've told him he'll have 100 mill as a transfer budget if he goes to Everton, wage doubled.

This is where we could have been if we hadn't gambled on not having an infrastructure.

I know the 'big club' debate is much derided but Everton dwarf Southampton by any reasonable measure.

There's nowt between clubs like Southampton, Leicester, Stoke, Swansea and us, Everton, Villa for example anymore. We're probably more renowned but that's it these days.

That's bollocks really, Nufc, Everton and Villa are in a different league to the other four mentioned. Yes, they've all won something more recently than us (as have over 30 other clubs) and they're in the PL but, I'll bet none of those could have swayed a Rafa to have stayed following relegation and none of those could have produced the love our crowd did against Spurs.

There's an awful lot wrong with our club but, we've got it, many fans of other clubs deny it, hate it or try and deride it however, the simple fact is that Nufc has got something about it. In the late 70's we really were teetering on becoming second or third rate and Sunderland were for a few seasons the better looking club. We're almost unique and get slated for it, we get accused of being delusion because of it. If Rafa wins something for us I really hope we are fanatical but gracious and then go on to win some more.

I've no doubt that the best supporters of any club are as good as our best supporters but don't tell me that as a club that we should consider ourselves with Stoke, Leicester, Soton or Swansea.

I know the 'big club' debate is much derided but Everton dwarf Southampton by any reasonable measure.

There's nowt between clubs like Southampton, Leicester, Stoke, Swansea and us, Everton, Villa for example anymore. We're probably more renowned but that's it these days.

That's bollocks really, Nufc, Everton and Villa are in a different league to the other four mentioned. Yes, they've all won something more recently than us (as have over 30 other clubs) and they're in the PL but, I'll bet none of those could have swayed a Rafa to have stayed following relegation and none of those could have produced the love our crowd did against Spurs.

There's an awful lot wrong with our club but, we've got it, many fans of other clubs deny it, hate it or try and deride it however, the simple fact is that Nufc has got something about it. In the late 70's we really were teetering on becoming second or third rate and Sunderland were for a few seasons the better looking club. We're almost unique and get slated for it, we get accused of being delusion because of it. If Rafa wins something for us I really hope we are fanatical but gratuitous and then go on to win some more.

I've no doubt that the best supporters of any club are as good as our best supporters but don't tell me that as a club that we should consider ourselves with Stoke, Leicester, Soton or Swansea.

:thup: This can never be said enough.

Think Koeman would be mental to leave Soton for Everton.

it does strike me as a sideways move at best. But he may have got the message that a chunk of the squad might want to move on and its very easy to screw up after selling a load of players

Koeman left a big club reputation wise for Southampton in the first place. And do you think for players like Pelle, Imbula, Andre Ayew, Shaqiri, etc, that there's much of a difference sporting challenge wise these days at their clubs, than Everton, Newcastle, etc?

Sky and the TV money have made it practically a level playing field now. You're getting players and managers leaving massive clubs in Europe, joining clubs with no recent history.

That's the point I'm making. I can't imagine Koeman being able to do any more with Everton than he has with Southampton.

That's the point I'm making. I can't imagine Koeman being able to do any more with Everton than he has with Southampton.

Unless these new owner push Everton pretty rapidly towards the daft spenders then I tend to agree with this.

Unless these new owner push Everton pretty rapidly towards the daft spenders then I tend to agree with this.

The question should be would Koeman have left Everton for Soton? I doubt it

Southampton have gone as far as they could go imo, they also consistently sell their best players and we learnt that eventually your luck on finding replacements will run out.

Everton have a stronger team & were mismanaged by Martinez, they'll do well next year.

How can you say something like this after last season?

Southampton have gone as far as they could go imo, they also consistently sell their best players and we learnt that eventually your luck on finding replacements will run out.

Everton have a stronger team & were mismanaged by Martinez, they'll do well next year.

Not sure that's right. Yes Southampton had a massive sale a couple of years ago, but in hindsight they would have been mad to turn down any of those offers:£12mn for Chambers, ~£20mn for Lallana, £30mn+ for Shaw, £25mn for Lovren (!).

Last summer didn't they resist approaches from Man U for Mane (After they sold Di Maria)? Likewise Wanyama.

I'm not sure it's fair to call them a selling club. They also have great facilities, a consistently successful academy (Walcott, Bale, Ox, Shaw, Chambers, Ward-Prowse) and are on the South Coast near London which, rightly or wrongly, many foreign players/managers would probably see as more attractive than the North West.

For me it's a sideways step. Of course, as others have said, if he has been offered a crazy transfer budget it might make more sense.

What absolute rubbish