The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

Is Boehly a foreign agent, sent there to destroy Chelsea? 

He a sophisticated time travelling sent back in time to alter the destiny of one over spoiled club and remind them what it's like to not be able to win everything just with money

1 hour ago, jdckelly said:

watch chelsea go win the champions league, appoint him full time again and be in a relegation battle next season 

This is what I'd like.

But only with us finishing 3rd, so that either Spurs or Man U miss out on the CL despite finishing 4th.

I mean i'm getting on and the memory isn't what it was, but weren't Chelsea 6th under Tuchel?

So they've spent tens of millions paying him off, poaching Potter, giving him not nearly enough time to implement anything, spent 300m more on players, only to end up with Lampard who was last seen having Everton in the bottom 3 and playing shite. I've got that mostly right haven't I? Fuck me, they really are some kind of comedy club, few less points and they'd be on for a relegation battle :lol:

30 minutes ago, Abacus said:

This is what I'd like.

But only with us finishing 3rd, so that either Spurs or Man U miss out on the CL despite finishing 4th.

Don’t think that’s the rule anymore 

Should be a limit on the number of managers clubs can hire in a season. Sit there and accept the consequences of your stupid decision. 

Edited by Deuce

It's strange, his stock is clearly lower than it was a year ago following his Everton stint, and they have definitely picked up since he went, and I should be laughing at this, but for some reason it doesn't actually feel that ridiculous.

40 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

I mean i'm getting on and the memory isn't what it was, but weren't Chelsea 6th under Tuchel?

So they've spent tens of millions paying him off, poaching Potter, giving him not nearly enough time to implement anything, spent 300m more on players, only to end up with Lampard who was last seen having Everton in the bottom 3 and playing shite. I've got that mostly right haven't I? Fuck me, they really are some kind of comedy club, few less points and they'd be on for a relegation battle :lol:

Sums it up nicely.

8 hours ago, Deuce said:

Should be a limit on the number of managers clubs can hire in a season. Sit there and accept the consequences of your stupid decision. 

I’ve thought for a long time managers should have a transfer like window for changes

probably totally impractical

38 minutes ago, Jack27 said:

I’ve thought for a long time managers should have a transfer like window for changes

probably totally impractical

I’ve always liked the idea that you go with what you’ve got, both in terms of players and manager, from the start to the end of the season.

But yeah, there’ll be a load of reasons why it can’t happen.

2 minutes ago, LeeB said:

I’ve always liked the idea that you go with what you’ve got, both in terms of players and manager, from the start to the end of the season.

But yeah, there’ll be a load of reasons why it can’t happen.

Could you imagine us now if we had to stick with Bruce the whole of last season?

Just now, Stifler said:

Could you imagine us now if we had to stick with Bruce the whole of last season?

Quite vividly, yes 😂

But then it’s not particularly fair that some teams got to play against the Bruce and post-Bruce team, and others got to play against the team once Howe had sorted it out.

Not that I’m complaining about that specific example of course.