The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

Not being able to attend your own mother's funeral would make anyone question their current situation I reckon.

I must admit I found that one strange, Ashley is flying all over the world

Germany has banned entry for people traveling from the UK.

German citizens can go back, probably would have been a bit of bother but he could have went back

Still need to quarantine though.

If thats true then Liverpool should have done more to allow him to go back

Which they likely might have done but it was too impractical to do.

Why?

Quarantine both ways of travel.

So what, David Moyes managed West Ham from his home this season, there are more important things than football sometimes and it looks like this is affecting Klopp, however I know none of the details so I'm just guessing, but from my point of view it doesnt look good.

Can see him possibly walking away. I remember his Dortmund departure feeling so random too, but his treatment of journalists is rapidly deteriorating and the personal heartache might just push him over the edge.

Not sure his Dortmund departure was random. They had a terrible season

Random as in I didn't expect him to leave mid-season. They were having an awful season but thought the whole 'right time to go' narrative would've happened in the summer.

So what, David Moyes managed West Ham from his home this season, there are more important things than football sometimes and it looks like this is affecting Klopp, however I know none of the details so I'm just guessing, but from my point of view it doesnt look good.

Was probably his own choice, no way did Liverpool force him to stay just so he could manage them for a couple of games.

Can see him possibly walking away. I remember his Dortmund departure feeling so random too, but his treatment of journalists is rapidly deteriorating and the personal heartache might just push him over the edge.

Not sure his Dortmund departure was random. They had a terrible season

Random as in I didn't expect him to leave mid-season. They were having an awful season but thought the whole 'right time to go' narrative would've happened in the summer.

He did leave at the end of Dortmund's season.

Rooney becoming an unofficial labor leader for MLS players while he was over here was the face turn I wasn't expecting. Gained a lot of respect for him then, spent his time fighting for the lower-wage players, too, not himself. Hope he keeps doing well.

I didn’t expect Rooney to be a good manager, he always seemed to come across thick as fuck.

Fair play to him. He’s obviously doing something right.

Always thought that the likes of him and Gerrard are the kind of ex player that would have young players playing for them due to what they've achieved. Tactically they should be okay for lower leagues initially having both worked under some of the greatest managers. That set piece Derby scored at the weekend is more inventive than anything we've done this season.

I didn’t expect Rooney to be a good manager, he always seemed to come across thick as fuck.

Fair play to him. He’s obviously doing something right.

He seems thick except when it comes to football, where he's an absolute genius.