The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

1 minute ago, jdckelly said:

don't see any scenario where sacking your manager with no replacement ready this instant is a good idea 6 days before a cup final. 

The scenario where you genuinely don't give a shit if you win it or not?

2 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

don't see any scenario where sacking your manager with no replacement ready this instant is a good idea 6 days before a cup final. 

Especially then claiming you decided to do it three days earlier :lol: but waited for no apparent reason.

Utter horseshit that story, Spurs propaganda.

Edited by Fantail Breeze

11 minutes ago, jdckelly said:

How about the scenario where all the players hate him?

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

Spurs are mental. They’ve won nothing in years but are joining a super league then sack their manager who’s won everything days before a cup final. 

They probably didn't want to risk winning something while he was still manager, then they'd find it harder to sack him. It's pretty obvious it's not working out there. 

2 hours ago, St1pe said:

Spurs are mental. They’ve won nothing in years but are joining a super league then sack their manager who’s won everything days before a cup final. 

I don't think they care about sport at all TBH. It's a very distant second to business. 

Guest HTT II

He’s finished at the very highest level, he’s a great manager and coach but he cannot seemingly handle the modern day footballer and everything that goes with their profession on and off the pitch along with his own as a manager/coach and the demands of the type of club he’s recently been managing. Shame, because he’s been a great personality over the years for the game and has been a worthy champion and winner. Maybe some time out Jose...

Edited by HTT II

Just now, HTT II said:

He’s finished at the very highest level, he’s a great manager and coach but he cannot seemingly handle the modern day footballer and everything that goes with their profession on and off the pitch along with his own ad a manager/coach and the demands of a club he’s managing. Shame, because he’s been a great personality over the years for the game and has been a worthy champion and winner. Maybe some time out Jose...

He's ready for international football. If still have him here like. 

Guest HTT II
3 minutes ago, Dokko said:

He's ready for international football. If still have him here like. 

Me too as I’d imagine he would be more suited in his current Jose persona/type of manager/coach that is him right now at an NUFC than a Spurs. I don’t think he’s suited to international football at all though, same with Rafa. I hope he takes time out, reflects and chooses more wisely his next role because he’s won it all and maybe, like Rafa with us, his next club should be a project not about competing at the very top end of the game with a team of mega stars or personalities. He’s too combative for any team like that or a club owned by a Levy, Abramovic or Glaziers. Or indeed a Mike Ashley... 

Edited by HTT II

He’s become a crank over the years, he’d certainly get more love here from the fans but that’s not really the issue. The players are the ones now who he doesn’t get on with and are the ones who are getting him sacked from jobs.

Top players wanted to play for him 15 years ago but the new breed don’t have the same respect.

Id be worried Rafa will be a target for Spurs now 

58 minutes ago, Raconteur said:

Rafa’s idea of a “project” and the Super League project seem inherently incompatible...?

Spurs fans will see Rafa as another Mourinho. Can’t see that happening, this, without even considering I don’t think Rafa would join a super league (it boils my piss when I use that) club

Edited by et tu brute

Who will Spurs go for I wonder, I can't see them going for an old manager but then again they won't risk a young up and coming fella with new ideas, someone on Twitter mentioned Southgate but is England a better job than Spurs ?, Rodgers potentially but he'll have a better team at Leicester so really that only leaves Dyche, Howe or Lampard, but if it was any of them why not put them in position now before the new season. I think Levy has made another huge error here just like he did with Redknapp and Poch.