The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

The amount of money you can get for a s*** teenager if they've ever worn a shirt with a liver bird on is staggering. Ibe, Solanke and Brewster, what's that, about £60m?

Leicester paid £12m for Danny Ward to be their sub keeper a few years ago too.

£9m for Hoever to Wolves.

I don’t think he’s racist (might be) but I do question what it is that he felt the lefties and do gooders as he put it, wouldn’t let him say. If you read his quotes back :

“People talk about not being allowed to say this or that to them. “I’m not bothered in psychologists or do-gooders or lefties, I don't know what you're allowed to say.

“I’m the football manager, so I’m saying it as it is."

It’s such a strange quote, I don’t know what it is he felt he couldn’t say, because of “do gooders or lefties”.

It’s a cringy PFM comment, no doubt about it. Racist? Massive over reaction to call it that.

I can only imagine shouting is a big part of his coaching style and he’s probably took it too far and a player has complained to HR.  :lol:

I mean imagine being shouted at by your boss these days. They’d be utterly fucked and hauled up in HR, but it’s probably almost been accepted in football for decades beyond it’s been accepted in a normal workplace.

He blamed the fact he couldn’t shout at his players (weird) on “lefties, do gooders and psychologists” lol. I’m glad it’s all blown up in his face, one swallow doesn’t make a summer, he’s had one good season (pl) I’m sure he will do just fine in the tinpot leagues again.

Also just recently he said he wished he could get rid of a few players they had but they aren’t allowed (contracts)

Embarrassing conclusion to form. Oh, he disagrees with the young, 'educated' and middle class? Boo hoo and bless them.

f***ing embarrassing.

:lol: what? I think blaming “lefties” and “do gooders” for your issues (doing good is good). My conclusion is that makes him a nob head. Your reaction is embarrassing.

Is it about him being a nob head or being a racist? :lol: I agree that he doesn't come across like someone you'd want to have a laugh with!

Thinking someone is a racist with hardly any basis to support that notion makes life worse for the people that are trying to fight racism or the people at the receiving end of it. BAME people don't need fuckers jumping on their back with with counter-accusations along the lines of 'you probably think old, white men are racist anyway!'

Just fuck off - you're embarrassing. 

I wasn't even the one that called him racist, just that he's a nob. Dinho should learn to read.

“Never argue with stupid people. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

It's good advice that.

I wasn't even the one that called him racist, just that he's a nob. Dinho should learn to read.

:lol: Incredible. This place at times, not sure if it makes me crazy or keeps me sane.  :lol:

:lol: Incredible. This place at times, not sure if it makes me crazy or keeps me sane.  :lol:

You can't fault ManDoon on his poster merits at Newcastle-Online, it's more he's....

:rose:

My first post about it was actually addressing the racism claims - and not necessarily at you (so I was just using your post as it mentioned what Wilders had said).

By the time I had come back and saw your reply to me, I wasn't realising that I had quoted you originally, I thought I had quoted someone else.

But anyway, my error, so my apologies.

You can't fault ManDoon on his poster merits at Newcastle-Online, it's more he's....

:rose:

I’ve taken all your heat for you :lol:

Fwiw it was just a bit of hyperbole regarding his weird remarks about leftists and him being someone that "tells it like it is" as it stereotypically are remarks coming from people that are old and racist :lol:

I don’t think he’s racist (might be) but I do question what it is that he felt the lefties and do gooders as he put it, wouldn’t let him say. If you read his quotes back :

“People talk about not being allowed to say this or that to them. “I’m not bothered in psychologists or do-gooders or lefties, I don't know what you're allowed to say.

It’s such a strange quote, I don’t know what it is he felt he couldn’t say, because of “do gooders or lefties”.

I think people on the left should be far more open minded to the possibility that many people are simply ignorant when they say stuff, and aren't saying them with hurtful intent. I can't imagine many people that has been involved with professional football their whole life has paid much attention to identity politics.

This is as much speculation on my part as the racist claims from Kaiz, but Wilder has, in top football terms at least, lived fairly much under the radar from media and social media. I suspect that comment could be because he's been picked up on some things he's said that may have been offensive to someone, without necessarily knowing that is was.

If the cap fits... Seems something he’s said has riled you up at some point, as every time I’ve seen Wilder’s name crop up on this forum for last month or so, there has been a post quickly followed from you usually moaning at him with a post containing the term ‘lefty’ or ‘lefties’.

Personally, I think Wilder’s been a credit to Sheffield United. League 1 to 9th in Prem was it? The overlapping full backs stuff foxed many a Championship and top PL manager. First half of this season Sheff U were never out played, and playing us showed that.

Wish the bloke all the best. Think he’ll struggle to go straight back in at PL with a job, but I see no shame in having a couple of jobs in Championship over next 5 years or so and possibly not getting it right. After all he was at Northampton not long ago, and no bugger knew him.

Ryan Cresswell podcast on Undr Cosh maybe early 2018 (17/18 season), he played for him in League 2, winning the title at Northampton- said Wilder was another level down in L2 and would manage in Premier League. If he turned up here next season, ehh undecided  ask me what division?

I think it's pretty clear what he meant.

Bullying, or banter, has always been part and parcel of football. Not the nicest part, let's be honest, but if a player can't stand having the piss taken by his own boss/teammates, then he's going to struggle in front of 40k of the opposition.

Was just watching a video of Michael Bridges talking about the level of shit you have to put up with as a pro, and they all made it seem like it was as right as morning dew.

I'm guessing he's had to tone it down a little. He does specify [in one of the quotes] that the problem is he doesn't know what he's allowed to say. This implies he is consciously trying not to be a dick, which naturally has an impact on the fluidity of his interactions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...