The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I’m sure Cameron Jerome was still a decent striker at Turkish League level until the last year or so.

In the same team as Gouffran I think

Guest neesy111
19 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Poch failed to win the league with PSG the other year. That's quite impressive tbh. 

They were already behind in the title race before he joined.  That's not totally on him.

Guest HTT II
2 minutes ago, gdm said:

He’s the one Newcastle player I really wanted to do well. Hope he does a great job 

Aye same here, I was really excited when we signed him and I think had we just had some patience with him, he’d have succeeded here. 

19 minutes ago, HTT II said:

Aye same here, I was really excited when we signed him and I think had we just had some patience with him, he’d have succeeded here. 

Aye he looked brilliant in preseason. I think Shearer’s injury changed everything for him. Such a shame. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, gdm said:

Aye he looked brilliant in preseason. I think Shearer’s injury changed everything for him. Such a shame. 

Yep, he would have been perfect just behind him or as the second forward. He’s a very likeable person too by all accounts!

Guest HTT II

I do like mind how a lot of Championship clubs seem to think way outside of the box when it comes to managers and yet some PL clubs where they’d love to be keep relying on dinosaur PFMs.

2 hours ago, gdm said:

Scored a great volley from the edge of the box in a preseason friendly at Birmingham.

Felt we had a great signing on our hands, ruined by the loss of Shearer.

Not sure if that also turned out to be Beardsley and Ferdinand's last game.

It's not used in a bad way (this time) but I hate how it's nearly always "former Newcastle United...".

Tomasson went onto play for 5 other clubs and according to Wikipedia played for us the least amount of times. 

Fully expect Nile Ranger to commit murder and it'll be "Former Newcastle United player.." when he's gone on to play for 460 other clubs since leaving us. 

Hope he does well, it does feel a fresh move but lets not kid ourselves he was anything but abysmal for us.

Can't see the logic in Shearer's being injured causing Tomasson to fluff all those chances, score exclusively pub league level league goals (horrific miskicks, deflections or richochets. 

Edited by Wolfcastle