The Managerial Merry Go Round™ – Arne to Slot in at Liverpool

cp40

52 minutes ago, TBG said:

It's not used in a bad way (this time) but I hate how it's nearly always "former Newcastle United...".

Tomasson went onto play for 5 other clubs and according to Wikipedia played for us the least amount of times. 

Fully expect Nile Ranger to commit murder and it'll be "Former Newcastle United player.." when he's gone on to play for 460 other clubs since leaving us. 

It will be ‘Former Newcastle United star’ my good sir.

Edited by Stifler

Shearer’s injury resulted in JDT having to play as the main striker and he missed a sitter on debut. It was a position he wasn’t suited to and that miss seemed to have a huge impact on him.

We’d only kept Sir Les……

22 hours ago, TBG said:

It's not used in a bad way (this time) but I hate how it's nearly always "former Newcastle United...".

Tomasson went onto play for 5 other clubs and according to Wikipedia played for us the least amount of times. 

Fully expect Nile Ranger to commit murder and it'll be "Former Newcastle United player.." when he's gone on to play for 460 other clubs since leaving us. 

Especially since he went on to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world where he won a CL medal (and a runners up CL medal)…

4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So that derby has went from Dyche v Mowbray to Kompany v Tomasson. Locals will be seething.

Shit like this would never have happened if Kompany and Tomasson were onboard that flight to Rwanda last night as planned.

Guest HTT II
4 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So that derby has went from Dyche v Mowbray to Kompany v Tomasson. Locals will be seething.

Blackburn is less xenophobic then Burnley, but both from my experience are backward towns, a bit like sunderland, when it comes to the foreigners…

"Vincent Kompany can take inspiration from Wayne Rooney as Burnley look to bounce back to the Premier League"

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12621585/vincent-kompany-can-take-inspiration-from-wayne-rooney-as-burnley-look-to-bounce-back-to-the-premier-league

:lol:

Goes on to not mention any reference of said inspiration.

Why did Kompany retire at 33? Kinda insane to be managing Burnley at 36. :lol: 

1 minute ago, The College Dropout said:

Body was done.  He didn't manage 30 appearances in a sinle season in his last 5 years of football. Even Callum Wilson has managed that 3 times in the last 5 seasons without European football.

Fair enough, he was obviously a very physical player, loved a crunching tackle/red card.

Just now, cubaricho said:

I thought he was meant to be doing well there? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

You might be right.

My knowledge on the subject was largely based on a comment a friend made as well as noticing they came third, behind Royale Union and missing out on CL.

Finished 3rd in the league the last two seasons and made the Belgium Cup Final? Lost to Genk. They were in freefall when he took over from what I've read. 

Sounds exactly like Burnley right now. 

Also valued Craig Bellamy heavily as coach and tried to keep him there- ultimately had to let him go because of homesickness/mental issues. I wouldn’t be surprised if he became part of the coaching setup again now that Kompany’s taken a job in the UK.