The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

12 hours ago, jackyboy said:

Very difficult to evaluate how well Gerrard has done at Rangers. Brought them up to the SPL but they were the only club with money and a sizeable fan base. Once in the SPL the only opposition were Celtic who were skint and at rock bottom. I lived up in Scotland for a number of years and the standard of football, even with the top two teams, was atrocious. I have a feeling he may found out at Villa, as Lampard was at Chelsea and the Villa fans are not patient

Gerrard didn't get them promoted, I'm sure it was Warburton 

They had finished 3rd and then he was appointed, he finished 2nd two seasons in a row before winning the league 

He will work well within a budget, improve players who aren't 'mega stars', have a decent relationship with their fans and generally have them better drilled and able to change tactics in games when needed (unlike Farke). Pretty solid.

Time will tell but I think he will do more than okay.

Just now, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

I don’t care for either of the Old Firm teams or their fans, but Rangers seem to have an entire support of wrong ‘uns. Proper weirdos.

Coming from a club where knackers camp outside the training ground to hand a letter into the new manager who is probably creeper out to fuck, is a bit rich