Newcastle United vs Liverpool - Sat 19th October @ 12.45pm (live on BT Sport)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest bimpy474

Mike Williamson will never score a goal for this club. Neck on the line, there.

That's the only way he'll ever score one.

I don't think the corners are overly bad. There's some shockers without a doubt, I just don't think we've got players who attack the ball as well as those 4 in their box.

It's not just corners, we rarely do anything with crosses and it's not always the fault of the player delivering the ball.  We know Taylor can be a danger in the opposition box from corners but I can't remember him looking effective at all for a good while.

I think our corners are 'overly' bad like, in fact they're ridiculous and have been for ages.  I don't see them improving with Willo back in the picture, think I might cry at the first Long Willy/Long Tayl on Saturday.

17 PL goals for us them two.

Wow, was it really 17? And like others said, coupled with the fact we had Shearer & Speed attacking these as well + the excellent driven set pieces by Robert & Solano - I always thought we were a threat from a set piece on those times. Now a days I'm hoping it just goes out if we don't fashion a chance as I'm deathly afraid of the counter.

Even growing up we were always told to cross the ball with pace & drive the ball in because floaters are easier to clear, don't result in as much panic in the back, and your attacker only really needs to redirect those, basic fucking physics I guess. The amount of floated crosses man....

Guest Haris Vuckic

Gary Speed wasn't far off the finest header of a ball I've seen for Newcastle.

Nobody quite did a bullet header like him.

Hatem and Anita have to play in this match, 100%. Anita needs to be instructed to sit back and use his intelligence and protect our back 4. Santon and Debuchy need to basically forget about attacking together, 1 attacks only and when the ball is lost get the f*** back. Sissoko's runs need to come from deep and he needs to maintain positioning discipline. Finally, Remy and Ben Arfa have to get attacking on the counter and Cisse/Gouffran in the middle need to hold their position.  We need to be disciplined and hopefully Cabaye and Debuchy will be buoyed from a good international week.  Hopefully Hatem and MYM have point(s) to prove to show they need to be in the team each week.

Overall, play with discipline - our full backs can't go marauding around the pitch, and work the ball around offensively. We have quality in the final 3rd, we just need to play together and confidently. Looking forward to Saturday now, we can't hide from this result anymore.