Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone see Brian Deane's story about Pardew on the Fantasy Football show on Sky tonight?

Genius man management?

Just watched it. Take it this is the bit with him telling Deane to take a management course being the best bit of advice he was given from a manager (but didn't take because he was pissed Pardew was releasing him :lol:).

Also worth noting was that when Deane was asked who gave the best team talks, he picked Pardew, saying that...

"Very passionate, and got the players to believe in what he was telling them about".

Take that team talk haterz. O0

Anyone see Brian Deane's story about Pardew on the Fantasy Football show on Sky tonight?

Genius man management?

Just watched it. Take it this is the bit with him telling Deane to take a management course being the best bit of advice he was given from a manager (but didn't take because he was pissed Pardew was releasing him :lol:).

Also worth noting was that when Deane was asked who gave the best team talks, he picked Pardew, saying that...

"Very passionate, and got the players to believe in what he was telling them about".

Take that team talk haterz. O0

Yeah, i'll take the evidence before my own eyes if you don't mind, haterzzzzzzz.

I'm not a Hughton hater, but anyone should have won the Championship with the team we had at the time. Compared to rivals, it's much better than what Pardew has now.

It's certainly not better than what Pardew has now and whether that team should have won the championship or not, it did, he did and we did it in style towards the end. The team that was relegated also should have stayed up, but it didn't. It's not as simple as saying something should happen regardless of what does or doesn't happen.

It's not like it's one game and you can say that the result proves a point definitively. He proved it game after game, week after week and not only restored a lot of faith in our team, but he also got a lot of us just enjoying football and enjoying winning again.

The season that we came up, we were a mid-table team that would win some and lose some, but there was at least some batterings that we handed out along the way and a lot of enjoyment to get from our football. He goes down as a very important person in our history for me and regardless of what you think his worth as anything is, his actual, tangeable contribution both on the field and off it was tremendously important to me.

Me too. Seems easily forgotten what a shambles the whole club was in when we went down too, to downplay his achievement always sticks in my throat, he did a fucking excellent job.

His achievements are only being downplayed in a desperate attempt by some to try to make Pardew look good.

When Hughton took over we were for sale, in a complete shambles on and off the pitch and if I remember right he wasn't even being paid (certainly not as manager) when he took over and helped massively in ensuring we were in a position to come straight back up. For that he earned my full respect and in my opinion was then sacked because he wouldn't tow Ashley's party line.

Pardew might be a better option than Kinnear, but a club like Newcastle should be looking for a better option than both.

Legendary footballer Brian Deane said he was good?! Well that's me convinced!

Me too, it just makes you wonder how bad those shitty performances would have been without Pardew and his fantastic team talks.

Legendary footballer Brian Deane said he was good?! Well that's me convinced!

Not sure whether you think he was a good player or not should have much a bearing on his opinion of Pardew (to add to a list of other past players who have said similar).

Brian Deane is also a manager now so that should give him a bit of perspective on his choices you'd have thought.

Nobody is trying to convince you that Pardew is the bollocks, but do you not think that the oft trotted out team talk line deserves some tempering?

For all his limitations, it's pretty obvious that most of the players who play under Pardew like him; his ability to keep players on his side is by far one of his biggest assets and is probably why we've turned things around lately as well. I'm not sure I can buy into the team talks thing though, I think he's competent at motivating his players against the big clubs (when they should be motivated anyway tbh) but it's pretty obvious that he has no idea how to talk his players out of complacency.