Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I doubt Mike Ashley will fire Pardew until the Summer (if he decides to fire him at all). If Ashley is worrying about having to pay Pardew off he could just put him on gardening leave. Pardew's contract is supposedly heavily performance weighted. That would presumably mean it would be in Pardew's interest to take a new manager job if it was offered rather than sit collecting his NUFC wage.

Pardew “I think it’s important we win one of our last three games to secure a top 10 finish. Teams are chasing us down and that’s the last thing we wanted. A win today would have probably secured it.

You have to feel sorry for the NUFC staff who are blameless (the cooks, the grounds keeper, etc.) who won't get their bonus when we slip to 11th in the table. I hope they haven't spent the money already after it looked certain we'd finish in the top 10 back on Boxing Day.

I doubt Mike Ashley will fire Pardew until the Summer (if he decides to fire him at all). If Ashley is worrying about having to pay Pardew off he could just put him on gardening leave. Pardew's contract is supposedly heavily performance weighted. That would presumably mean it would be in Pardew's interest to take a new manager job if it was offered rather than sit collecting his NUFC wage.

Pardew “I think it’s important we win one of our last three games to secure a top 10 finish. Teams are chasing us down and that’s the last thing we wanted. A win today would have probably secured it.

You have to feel sorry for the NUFC staff who are blameless (the cooks, the grounds keeper, etc.) who won't get their bonus when we slip to 11th in the table. I hope they haven't spent the money already after it looked certain we'd finish in the top 10 back on Boxing Day.

They probably get their bonuses in the form of Sports Direct vouchers anyway.

People are still advocating him for stability reasons. What? I don't...whu...why?

There's no stability case now, I've argued it before but it's long enough since we sacked a manager now.

When was the cut off?

I don't know, bit of a strange question. I just think we're no longer a club that sacks managers all the time.

People are still advocating him for stability reasons. What? I don't...whu...why?

There's no stability case now, I've argued it before but it's long enough since we sacked a manager now.

When was the cut off?

I don't know, bit of a strange question. I just think we're no longer a club that sacks managers all the time.

It's a bit of a strange thing to say, hence the question. So, are you glad we've laboured over the sacking of a manager that should have gone over a year ago? Have we gained anything by not sacking him?

When was the cut off?

It's a bit of a strange thing to say, hence the question. So, are you glad we've laboured over the sacking of a manager that should have gone over a year ago? Have we gained anything by not sacking him?

Well my opinion isn't that he should have been sacked over a year ago.

When was the cut off?

Why?

When was the cut off?

Why?

I thought he'd earned some time after finishing 5th, and shown we could do well under him. Obviously in hindsight we may as well have sacked him, but that's not the same as believing it at the time.

If you look at his time at other clubs he's had a tendency of starting off well then getting found out and being sacked for doing a shit job.  God knows if Reading, West Ham, Charlton and Southampton fans had to put up with his needlessly negative tedium-ball to such a degree, but when it became clear this would be what I was watching more often than not I knew he wasn't for us and wanted him sacked.

Were we amazing in the first half of the season? I can only remember us being gash. Yet we're still top ten.

The league, bar the top seven teams, is utterly dogshit.

Anyone from 8th downwards has a chance of being relegated next season.  With everyone down there more than capable of beating everyone else and the fringe teams (Everton, Spurs, Man Utd) susceptible to losing against the 13 dogshit teams it means that anyone down there can finish anywhere from 8th-20th.

God knows if Reading, West Ham, Charlton and Southampton fans had to put up with his needlessly negative tedium-ball to such a degree

http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/1268/shut-leave

A thread chosen completely at random.

From the very first post:

Also i don't feel that i have to accept that MY team are not good enough to beat the top teams. I'm not prepared to be satisfied if all the team achieves is to not get relegated.

We've all been assuming it's Ashley with the complete lack of ambition, sounds like this has been Pardew's approach for a while...

Incredible how he is still here. Just incredible. The damage he is doing to the club, the reputation of the club, and the players form and value is just unreal.

If he starts next season as our manager, he's unsackable.

Either way, not one more penny from me to this regime until he's gone, and as I've said before that includes sky. . Something which I'm finding depressingly easy so far.

To be fair to him you check old Saints forums they loved the guy. Very sad when he left, not that its held them back like. The owner obviously knew better.

Never ever have I ever felt so low.

No doubt sacked for head butting his wife...repeatedly between the thighs.

This piece of s*** has turned us into the worst team in the division, I can't think of a team in the Premiership which is worse than we are.  Even taking results out of it our lack of shape and lack of style is enough to turn your stomach.

46 points though.

:lol: 6 points more than what people usually say is safety in the league and we keep being told we should be chuffed with the job he's doing.