Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Stoke have made just £16.5m in transfer fees since coming up. We made more than that in January. :lol:

Goes back to my point that they have no salable assets. I know you could hold Pulis accountable for that, but like I said, they've had to have pretty much 3 waves of transfers just to stand still in the Premier League. They've only spent over £8m three times, a lot of their signings are for £3m-5m just to give them a squad that's able to compete.

Sorry but for the amount of money they've spent it's absolutely terrible quality and as your post suggest they haven't got any saleable asset because they've bought worthless players.

Stoke have made just £16.5m in transfer fees since coming up. We made more than that in January. :lol:

Goes back to my point that they have no salable assets. I know you could hold Pulis accountable for that, but like I said, they've had to have pretty much 3 waves of transfers just to stand still in the Premier League. They've only spent over £8m three times, a lot of their signings are for £3m-5m just to give them a squad that's able to compete.

Sorry but for the amount of money they've spent it's absolutely terrible quality and as your post suggest they haven't got any saleable asset because they've bought worthless players.

They've bought players to keep them safe. They spend approx £20m a season. What does Pulis do? Spend that budget on 1 or 2 top players and ignore the squad? Apart from Jones & Palacios for £8m each, they get what they pay for in general.

They've bought players to keep them safe. They spend approx £20m a season. What does Pulis do? Spend that budget on 1 or 2 top players and ignore the squad? Apart from Jones & Palacios for £8m each, they get what they pay for in general.

4th highest net spend over the past 5 seasons. That's a huge outlay to have not finished in the top 10. You can dress it up anyway you like but it's a lot of money for no return. Other teams stay safe on way less.

How many sustain it?

Man Utd

Man City

Arsenal

Chelsea

Liverpool

Everton

Spurs

Aston Villa

Fulham

Sunderland

I maybe wrong but they're the only teams who have been in the Premier League for longer than Stoke at the minute. One or two of those last three may drop from that list this season too, while the third one aren't much cop themselves.

The first 7 speak for themselves, but Villa have a bigger net spend, Sunderland's is similar. Fulham are the exception.

Pardew = Pulis. Would be no upgrade at all, and with no promise even of improved football it would be such a pointless appointment.

Can see it happening.

As garbage as pulis is he's a clear upgrade on Pardew for me.

Unlikely to see several players out of position and formations chosen on the merit of we have a lot of centre halfs

Pardew = Pulis. Would be no upgrade at all, and with no promise even of improved football it would be such a pointless appointment.

Can see it happening.

Unlikely to see several players out of position and formations chosen on the merit of we have a lot of centre halfs

I think that's just because we're more familiar with Pardew's failings - most Stoke fans were delighted to see the back of Pulis too (his approach there to having loads of centre halves was to play all of them too remember?)

Pulis has a career win percentage as a manager of 36%. Pardew's is 42%, or just at NUFC 37%. 2 bog standard average managers.

Can see it happening.

I think that's just because we're more familiar with Pardew's failings - most Stoke fans were delighted to see the back of Pulis too (his approach there to having loads of centre halves was to play all of them too remember?)

Pulis has a career win percentage as a manager of 36%. Pardew's is 42%, or just at NUFC 37%. 2 bog standard average managers.

Aye I think I'm desperate to rid us of Pardew tbh.

Of course Pulis wouldn't be my choice, I don't think he'd be anyone's.

Can see it happening.

Same for me as well, I hate Pardew and want him gone and unfortunately at the minute we have no chance of getting people like Laudrup etc.

Can see it happening.

Same for me as well, I hate Pardew and want him gone and unfortunately at the minute we have no chance of getting people like Laudrup etc.

The most frustrating thing about all of this is if we didn't have a cretin called Ashley in charge the likes of Laudrup would be chomping at the bit to manage us

Can't believe there's actually a possibility we finish the season on 8 straight losses while still finishing top 10.

Just goes to show how average the league is in general; most of the teams are pretty rubbish and you don't actually have to be all that amazing to make moves in the top half. That's why terms like 'flat track bully' make me laugh as a criticism of players - that's all you need to be on the most part.

Of course the cunts in charge would have you believe that it's  impossible to impact the top half without spending a hundred million quid. :thup:

Guest Dontooner

Watching liverpool play reminds me of the keegan days. How sad to see us playing such negative football.

If Pardew gets sacked. There's no way we're paying 2 lots of compensation. Our next manager will be currently unemployed.

Step forward Alan Curbishley.

At his peak years ago and is a cockney know nowt so would fit our profile of hiring footballing staff.

It is highly likely he is going to be the first NUFC manager to lose 6 consecutive Premier League games. If NUFC don't beat or draw with Cardiff there's a good chance it will go up to 8 losses in a row.

:sadnod:

Yup, totally shot to bits.