Newcastle United 5 - 1 Stoke City - 26/12/13 - post-match reaction from page 39

Rich

The plan to get Whelan all over Cabaye was executed with intent but no intelligence, resulting in Whelan getting deservedly sent off.

Watched it back again, we scored 5, missed a penalty (and Remy should have scored another chance), Ben Arfa could have had two, another 2 penalties could have been given, both reds justified and there could have been more cards.

Lucky :yao:

after 40mins, with both teams full strength i'd have been happy to get a draw.

I wouldn't, they had what? 3 shots on target the entire game? I was absolutely confident we could get a win and it isn't luck their players stupidly got sent off.

They cheated, we beat them by a big margin and could have absolutely stuffed them.

yes they were stupid in getting sent off and they should have no complaints about them, at 11 v 11 though they looked better and their goal was coming.

Sorry can't agree, we obviously looked better as their players were sent off but apart from a couple of Charlie Adam hopeful strikes they didn't look remotely dangerous. We failed to get enough players in the box but this was looking like the typical game where Remy/Gouffran/Ben Arfa/Cabaye/Anita would grab a goal or two and we would win. Stoke were showing very little.

Watched it back again, we scored 5, missed a penalty (and Remy should have scored another chance), Ben Arfa could have had two, another 2 penalties could have been given, both reds justified and there could have been more cards.

I wouldn't, they had what? 3 shots on target the entire game? I was absolutely confident we could get a win and it isn't luck their players stupidly got sent off.

They cheated, we beat them by a big margin and could have absolutely stuffed them.

yes they were stupid in getting sent off and they should have no complaints about them, at 11 v 11 though they looked better and their goal was coming.

They were certainly brighter than us in the first half, but I wasn't at any time before the sendings off bricking it that we couldn't turn it around. There was still plenty of time to get the team clicking and you tend to think we're good for a goal or two at the moment.

Stoke today were ragtag and indisciplined and let a game that they had some measure of control of get away from them through sheer idiocy. I'll take every decision we get all day long, absolutely no qualms about that. The sending off changed the game but I still think we had another gear and would have won that game in the second half against 11 men.

Sorry can't agree, we obviously looked better as their players were sent off but apart from a couple of Charlie Adam hopeful strikes they didn't look remotely dangerous. We failed to get enough players in the box but this was looking like the typical game where Remy/Gouffran/Ben Arfa/Cabaye/Anita would grab a goal or two and we would win. Stoke were showing very little.

We did very little in that first half either.

first red, he can't complain, when your on a yellow and you do that its beyond moronic.

clear pen clear goal scoring chance clear red according to the laws of the game so fuck off hughes and your one eyed bullshit

unintentional handball but outside the box they're normally a free kick regardless of intent

ball was out of play but shit happens to both sides and had no influence on the game

clear pen 2nd time round.

Basically stokes hard man act was shown up today and finally punished justly. They don't "defend" they assault and manhandle and they've been left get away with this shit for too long as it is. The fans should not blame the ref but the players for their stupidity and complete loss of control it was complete footballing suicide

Straight after the first yellow, Whelan ran past Cabaye and basically gestured 'I'm after you'. They can whinge about the first yellow all they want, but the fact was the lad made a daft cunt challenge when he knew he was already on a booking - as said before - pure idiocy.

Whinging about the Williamson handball man - they already had 9 men at that point ffs :lol:

Any neutral tuning into match of the day would think that Stoke were absolutely robbed. When in fact the only decision they can reasonably argue against is the ball crossing the goal line for Gouffrans goal. Personally i think it was too close to call and they're all a bunch of horrible cunts on a par with the mackems. :)

Just for the sake of argument if it stayed as it was after the 0-1 then we had a fucking long day ahead of us. We did the business though against a poor opponent, nothing to complain about really. Next game I want to see us build on this, should be riding a high and full of confidence.

Just for the sake of argument if it stayed as it was after the 0-1 then we had a fucking long day ahead of us. We did the business though against a poor opponent, nothing to complain about really. Next game I want to see us build on this, should be riding a high and full of confidence.

Would be fucking astonishing if we build on this against the Arse to be fair. :D

Any neutral tuning into match of the day would think that Stoke were absolutely robbed. When in fact the only decision they can reasonably argue against is the ball crossing the goal line for Gouffrans goal. Personally i think it was too close to call and they're all a bunch of horrible c***s on a par with the mackems. :)

Probably Iron Mike's handball too but you are right in what you are saying

I agree but you would think Stoke absolutely bummed us going off some comments. We created chances just never had enough players getting into the box. We did however have the players I mentioned so were more likely going to be the most likely to grab the individual winner.

The "well yeah they did cheat" argument is bad enough but when  they shaded (at best) the game before the completely justified red cards it does seem ridiculous anyone is trying to downplay our win.

Any neutral tuning into match of the day would think that Stoke were absolutely robbed. When in fact the only decision they can reasonably argue against is the ball crossing the goal line for Gouffrans goal. Personally i think it was too close to call and they're all a bunch of horrible c***s on a par with the mackems. :)

Find this argument ridiculous as well, unless our players are running about in a poor comparison to riverdance then  their arms just might move around a bit.

Pretty sure he was just moving rather than trying to stop a player getting the ball past him 30 yards or whatever out :lol:

Just for the sake of argument if it stayed as it was after the 0-1 then we had a f***ing long day ahead of us. We did the business though against a poor opponent, nothing to complain about really. Next game I want to see us build on this, should be riding a high and full of confidence.

I just finished watching the game, got to say I was a little bit surprised by the commentary from Davie Provan and what I read on the board here about the game prior to the sending off. I was expecting to see a Stoke team controlling the game. But that was not the case, a few long shots was all they mustered outside of the good goal they scored. They were far from being "in control" of the game, as was being reported. As the home team we clearly weren't doing enough and the onus is obviously on us, but in all honesty it was a nothing game up until Whelan's stupidity.

Find this argument ridiculous as well, unless our players are running about in a poor comparison to riverdance then  their arms just might move around a bit.

Pretty sure he was just moving rather than trying to stop a player getting the ball past him 30 yards or whatever out :lol:

I agree it was ball to hand, certainly not hand ball however I can understand some frustration here because those outside the area seem to more often than not be given. No guarantee however that they wouldn't have shipped the other four goals the conceded if that had been given their way.

Just for the sake of argument if it stayed as it was after the 0-1 then we had a f***ing long day ahead of us. We did the business though against a poor opponent, nothing to complain about really. Next game I want to see us build on this, should be riding a high and full of confidence.

I just finished watching the game, got to say I was a little bit surprised by the commentary from Davie Provan and what I read on the board here about the game prior to the sending off. I was expecting to see a Stoke team controlling the game. But that was not the case, a few long shots was all they mustered outside of the good goal they scored. They were far from being "in control" of the game, as was being reported. As the home team we clearly weren't doing enough and the onus is obviously on us, but in all honesty it was a nothing game up until Whelan's stupidity.

:thup:

It was a poor game that Stoke were edging, looking slightly less lethargic and disinterested than we did. They were good value for their lead. We weren't playing well and it was frustrating, but I didn't think we were out of the game and I would've expected a draw at the least.

It was a poor game that Stoke were edging, looking slightly less lethargic and disinterested than we did. They were good value for their lead. We weren't playing well and it was frustrating, but I didn't think we were out of the game and I would've expected a draw at the least.

i realise it will only distract from your point but I agree with you.

Would be fucking astonishing if we build on this against the Arse to be fair. :D

No reason we can't look for a good performance and at least a good attempt at picking up points. We are at home, what's stopping us? If you believe that I am saying we should build on a 5-1 win then obviously you are slightly insane in the membrane.