Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Guest neesy111

If they sell Coutinho, then for me it shows that the Fenway Sports Group are only in it for the money, they haven't spent that much under Klopp.

Something satisfying about Liverpool having their best players poached by Barcelona once they hit top level after they hoover up the best of the rest. Don't think they'll ever be an 'elite' club again.

Think it says more about the status Barcelona and Real Madrid have achieved. Think they are without question the two most attractive clubs in the world.

If they sell Coutinho, then for me it shows that the Fenway Sports Group are only in it for the money, they haven't spent that much under Klopp.

They've spent a shit ton of money to little avail in recent years.

Guest neesy111

They did under Rodgers.  Klopp's net spent is £25m including this season.

Something satisfying about Liverpool having their best players poached by Barcelona once they hit top level after they hoover up the best of the rest. Don't think they'll ever be an 'elite' club again.

Think it says more about the status Barcelona and Real Madrid have achieved. Think they are without question the two most attractive clubs in the world.

Don't forget PSG. With their 47 years of history.

I think that's equally much due to Klopp tbh, don't strike me as the type of manager who wants to spend huge money on players. Of course the market means you have to spend on anything you buy like.

They've spent a s*** ton of money to little avail in recent years.

For a CL team, that's not much. 30M in for Allen and Ibe helps the net figure, but yeah, he's not spent much.

In fact other than the two Manchester, most teams in the league are spending very little comparing to their revenue.  Probably they are clearing up debts and preparing for the downfall of income stream in the future?

Guest chopey

In fact other than the two Manchester, most teams in the league are spending very little comparing to their revenue.  Probably they are clearing up debts and preparing for the downfall of income stream in the future?

I still think the last week of the window will be insane boom time for agents

Hard to predict.  It could be fire sale time as well, like us shifting out the dead woods.

Whilst I am furious that we didn't bring in enough players for saving our lives, I do think we are doing above average in the transfer market.  There is literally no reinforcement for our relegation battle rivals and Huddersfield/ Brighton are just signing meh players which are worse than Lejuene Merino and Murphy.  To me it is like every team used up their funds during January and now they all need to sell before buy - but no one willing to take up the shits.

If this goes on, and if we able to sign one more striker, we should be safe.

What downfall in income stream is that?

Hard to predict.  It could be fire sale time as well, like us shifting out the dead woods.

Whilst I am furious that we didn't bring in enough players for saving our lives, I do think we are doing above average in the transfer market.  There is literally no reinforcement for our relegation battle rivals and Huddersfield/ Brighton are just signing meh players which are worse than Lejuene Merino and Murphy.  To me it is like every team used up their funds during January and now they all need to sell before buy - but no one willing to take up the shits.

If this goes on, and if we able to sign one more striker, we should be safe.

We'll still have the same problem of players salaries being far higher than their ability.  Unless we either agree to subsidise part of their salary at their new club or take a big hit on the transfer fees then I can't see the deadwood going anywhere.

Subsidising £10k a week over a 3 year contract will cost us about £1.5m.  Multiply that out by 5 or 6 unwanted players and there's no way we'd go for it.

Last 12 months too. There's always value towards the end of the transfer window/contract, innit?

? Of course there isn't, if anything it's only going to get higher. What idiot would think that?

:shifty: