Newcastle United 1 - 0 Aston Villa - 23/02/14 - post-match reaction from Page 35

BlueStar

The thing is, even when there's no discernible guidance from the dugout, and even when we're playing poorly as a team - we have a collection of very talented players across the board. Meaning there's always the chance of us forcing a decent bit of play, and we had two or three particularly forceful attacks in the second half. Fortunately, one of them bore fruit.

Having a composed and skilful striker like Remy there, we can still sneak results.

I'll enjoy that result but we weren't good at all there, I didn't think. Quinn was right when he said Villa lost their shape when Westwood went off - they just started letting us through. And, like I say, when you've got a few talented players you can punish the opposition.

Massive, massive relief that. Whilst there is a far bigger picture to look at, I'm still going to enjoy that win and enjoy the rest of the day. I've found that my passion for the club hasn't completely gone (celebrated like a madman when Remy scored) which is a relief too.

Love that we won, hate that it keeps s*** head in a job :anguish:

He never would have got sacked anyway.

I thought Dummet was average BUT still better than Santon has been of late

Its funny, for years we only really had one LB. Now we have 3 and none of them really seem to be the answer.

No but it's eased the pressure, like I say bittersweet.

Guest bimpy474

Its funny, for years we only really had one LB. Now we have 3 and none of them really seem to be the answer.

Bit strange so many people are prepared to write Dummett off this early while certain French signings can give away goals and games without their reputations suffering one bit.

Proper weird, i like the look of Dummett in what's his 3rd or so game. I'm giving the lad a chance as i think he has something.

Bit strange so many people are prepared to write Dummett off this early while certain French signings can give away goals and games without their reputations suffering one bit.

I'm not writing him off, just saying as it stands right now you can't really stick your flag to the mast and say we can rely upon him for seasons to come.( same for Santon and Haidara)

I hope he does become that player, it would be great.

Sick to the back teeth of Sissoko and Gouffran out wide in a 4-4-2.

We actually had Cisse out wide again today at one point.

Don't feel excited about anything about our approach going forward.

It's depressing.

Guest bimpy474

Woeful game of football, villa the worst team I've seen this season.

No way Crystal palace were dire, Cardiff too

Fulham at home was shocking. Thought Villa we ok in the first half.

West Ham home and away were fecking terrible.

The game was utter shite. Had we been playing anybody with a hint of quality we'd have been comfortably beaten. Villa were shocking.

We finally started to create a few chances once it was obvious Villa didn't want to try and win the game. De Jong made a difference, but any idiot could have told you putting him up top and Remy out wide was better than fucking Cisse on the wing :anguish:

Annoyed that the cunt is basically guaranteed to be our manager for the foreseeable. But ignoring that fact, I think it's good that we finally scored and got the win. Could mean the players finally start playing again.

Shame we have almost no chance of keeping Remy permanently :(

Sick to the back teeth of Sissoko and Gouffran out wide in a 4-4-2.

We actually had Cisse out wide again today at one point.

Don't feel excited about anything about our approach going forward.

It's depressing.

We just make it up as we go along. But like I say, we've got enough talent for it to bare fruit sometimes.

That game was plucked right out of last season, really.

Guest palnese

If you're going to let your hysterical feelings towards an individual detract from moments like that then you may as well pack it in.

Clean sheet with only one really shaky spell in the first half, double the opposition's efforts on and off target. Couldn't have hoped for much better with confidence through the floor.

Impressed by Dummett & Anita again. :thup:

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/645/752/f46.gif

:lol:

Just had a read on Villa Talk. The comments on there about their manager and the general state of the club are uncannily similar to those found on here.

They were woeful a team with a modicum of ability would have beaten us easily today.

Sky mentioned giving Lambert a new contract on the evidence of today that's about as sensible as giving  Pardew an 8 year contract.

Shit game but a deserved win, probably would have won by more if we hadn't have waited 'til 80 mins to start attacking them and exposing them for being utterly gash.

Crowd were superb toward the end I thought. Gash beforehand like.

Coloccini was imperious, Anita as bad in the first as he was good in second, Sissoko was shite, de Jong brilliant.

Fuck knows why Cisse was on the wing, what a waste.

Just got back, so thankful for the result. At the end after we scored one of their players took down one of ours in front on me, I shouting at the ref to give him a card and the referee was just looking at me, just after that Remy got took down at the corner flag the referee then turned to me in the crowd and signalled for me to calm down, dafty.

Anyway we were the better team but we could have done with more pressure throughout the match, at times it felt like we were waiting for the end to up the tempo and go for it. Remy had a good match, Dummet did ok though he make a couple of silly errors, Debuchy in the first half was constantly getting caught out of position and backing off.

The thing is, even when there's no discernible guidance from the dugout, and even when we're playing poorly as a team - we have a collection of very talented players across the board.

Now that Cabaye's been taken out of the equation I think we're starting to resemble a bunch of cloggers tbh.  Not sure if I'm just being blinded by the disgraceful set piece situation - you should have options in that regard but we're just letting everyone have a go in the hope we stumble across something.