Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Still can't believe that one of his main attributes in Pardew's eyes is that he shows a bit of fight when his team fall behind. Signing a player who tries really  hard when they're losing. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Still can't believe that one of his main attributes in Pardew's eyes is that he shows a bit of fight when his team fall behind. Signing a player who tries really  hard when they're losing. :lol:

It's the whole acceptance that 'yeah, we'll be behind, why wouldn't we be?' connotation coming from the man that's managing them. It's almost comedic tbh. If it was in a programme I'd think it was really clever comedy.

It's the whole acceptance that 'yeah, we'll be behind, why wouldn't we be?' connotation coming from the man that's managing them. It's almost comedic tbh. If it was in a programme I'd think it was really clever comedy.

You should put it in your show. It would be hilarious.

It is rather pathetic that people hated the guy before he even played a minute for us.

I didn't hate the guy, I hated the signing. Signed for all of the wrong reasons.

In some ways his performances can't disappoint me because I expect nothing of him in the first place.

Guest reefatoon

I think all of our central midfielders are ho hum.

They really don't offer much.

Totally agree, our central midfield options are shite, they are all one and the same, zero creativity between any of them.  They don't support the attack or create and they don't protect the defence either. 

I think all of our central midfielders are ho hum.

They really don't offer much.

Totally agree, our central midfield options are s****, they are all one and the same, zero creativity between any of them.  They don't support the attack or create and they don't protect the defence either.

:thup:

He wasn't static on the ball for Sunlun.

No-one responded to this but I thought it was very pertinent. Pardew tells the players the role he wants them to play and it's quite clear he was told not to venture forward, have to keep our shape, just keep it simple.

I could write the following in every players thread. Pardew is going to shackle every bit of creativity and movement out of them - each and every one. And the only players that will think Pardew is the king are the likes of Williamson and Elliot.

I think the signing of Colback was a question of timing. He signed early in the window when NUFC did not know what other signings would come through, and better to sign Colback when available than hold out for the Plan A signings (Cabella, Grennier, PEA, Lacasette) which may/may not come off.

I'm not convinced that we would sign Colback today if he came on the market now. It was opportunistic and provided cover for minimal cost.