Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I just don't really buy into the hype he gets . It is all if's and but's with him.  I just don't rate players that have to have other or specific players around them for them to make a difference (which he still doesn't really).  He needs to start showing something radically different for me to put him out of the category of bang average midfielders, like the majority we have. If we could replace him with someone who offers more than just something tidy (hate that word for a midfielder, as so much more is needed) then I would be all for it. I just don't see him being any kind of answer off past performances.

In isolation this is true for any footballer. It is a team game after all. Even specifically, to get the best out of a Prime Steven Gerrard you needed 2 disciplined midfielders alongside or beside him. Against weaker sides you would just need the 1.

Anita is just as average as Colback

Fabregas has a phenomenal team around him and Colback has nowt but drivel either side of him, he was our leading goalscorer from midfield and I'm sure he got more assists than any other midfielder in the team last season too. I'm certainly not trying to say he's a good player and he should start but I find the amount of people absolutely smashing him to pieces on here a bit odd.

Sissoko.

Yeah, whatever. He got the most fantasy league points last season so gan on Capt. Jack. :la:

Jack must've picked up 8-9 yellow cards tbf

Lee Ryder -

A nailed-on starter for McClaren against the Saints if pre-season is anything to go by.

McClaren is a fan of Colback’s no-nonsense approach to the game and understated work-rate.

The wider issue is how he can fit Siem de Jong and Gini Wijnaldum into his team, especially as the Toon chief has hinted at playing with two strikers when everybody is fit.

Lee Ryder -

A nailed-on starter for McClaren against the Saints if pre-season is anything to go by.

McClaren is a fan of Colback’s no-nonsense approach to the game and understated work-rate.

The wider issue is how he can fit Siem de Jong and Gini Wijnaldum into his team, especially as the Toon chief has hinted at playing with two strikers when everybody is fit.

Guest ElCid

Lee Ryder -

No surprise there from a manager sacked by a championship club

Why is he still on set pieces? If he is going to be number one free kick and corner taker, I think we are in for another season of absolutely garbage set pieces similar to that of the previous couple of seasons.

Why is he still on set pieces? If he is going to be number one free kick and corner taker, I think we are in for another season of absolutely garbage set pieces similar to that of the previous couple of seasons.

Because he's definitely not Cabaye's replacement. Definitely not.

Ginger Pirlo marra.