Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Imagine mentioning this guy in the same breath as Pirlo man. Even as a joke it's an insult. :lol:

I would actually respect Colback's game more if he tried ambitious passes and never pulled them off, but he just doesn't. Alongside Anite he's supposed to be the more forward thinking player, but he's more negative in his play than Anita is!

Terrible that this guy is seemingly a fixture in midfield. I hope they are noticing he isn't good enough in these friendlies.

Doesn't matter. First on the training pitch and last off, marra.

He would be the last off the pitch seeing as he's got the legs of a pensioner.

Imagine mentioning this guy in the same breath as Pirlo man. Even as a joke it's an insult. :lol:

I would actually respect Colback's game more if he tried ambitious passes and never pulled them off, but he just doesn't. Alongside Anite he's supposed to be the more forward thinking player, but he's more negative in his play than Anita is!

Terrible that this guy is seemingly a fixture in midfield. I hope they are noticing he isn't good enough in these friendlies.

Aye.

3rd highest overall in avg. distance covered per game for the season with 11.658km - only behind Matic (11.671km) and George Boyd (12.006km).

He might be shit, but to suggest he isn't hardworking and 'has no legs' is a bit daft really.

Aye.

3rd highest overall in avg. distance covered per game for the season with 11.658km - only behind Matic (11.671km) and George Boyd (12.006km).

He might be shit, but to suggest he isn't hardworking and 'has no legs' is a bit daft really.

He covers lots of ground, just does it more slowly.

Aye.

He covers lots of ground, just does it more slowly.

:ronaldo:

I know this comment is going to cause uproar and probably end up with me being called a c*** but I don't think he is that bad given some of the shambolic players we have had in the past......

The frustration for me is that he doesn't offer anything going forward which is what we need. He sits alongside Anita and does what he's already doing. It's incredibly annoying. Take a risk and look for the forward pass into the forward for goodness sake.

That stat about how much distance he covers is amazing to me, because I'm not quite sure where he is running too, because I don't see him making an impact on the game that often at all.

Maybe he gets those numbers by running all the way back to goal after teams have already broken on us and have gone on to score. Only God above knows what's going on there.

We've seen this pandering shit before. We're into our second generation of Ameobis and fist pumps is 30 and still talked of as having potential. People have every right to be cynical and fed up of the "canny, local lad" stuff. Players should be there on merit, not proximity. Having one of our own on the pitch would be great but not at the expense of superior players. Should not be captain or first name on the team sheet.

Also those fucking tattoos. Who gets a finger tattoo, a bicep tattoo and a forearm tattoo all in one go?

Peter Schmeichel best showed how numbers can be fiddled. Years ago there was a story going round that Schmeichel got the hump because of the introduction of ProZone, so decided to prove a point. The very next match, so the tale goes, every time the ball was down the other end, Schmeichel did sets of sprints across the edge of his area to raise his high-intensity running stats. Anyone watching probably thought: 'Oh look there's Schmeichel keeping himself warm'; but he ended up beating one of the forwards on stats for that game.

Peter Schmeichel best showed how numbers can be fiddled. Years ago there was a story going round that Schmeichel got the hump because of the introduction of ProZone, so decided to prove a point. The very next match, so the tale goes, every time the ball was down the other end, Schmeichel did sets of sprints across the edge of his area to raise his high-intensity running stats. Anyone watching probably thought: 'Oh look there's Schmeichel keeping himself warm'; but he ended up beating one of the forwards on stats for that game.

Ben Arfa likes this.

Ground covered is a meaningless stat tbh, Ozil regular covers over 10km per game and no one is going to tell me he's some sort of workhorse.

If you are on the pitch for 90 mins you will cover ground by default.

Not really. Matic, Boyd & Colback were 3 of the hardest working players in the league and the ground covered figures reflect this. I'm normally a hater of any stat-based patter but this one is certainly not 'meaningless'.

There's people that defend Colback for working hard while doing absolutely nothing. In essence, we are paying the guy to do some exercise.

In the meantime there are people that criticise Ben Arfa who despite not working hard enough, apparently, at least had the sense to be in positions to impact the game ten fold in our favour.

This world man. This life.

There's people that defend Colback for working hard while doing absolutely nothing. In essence, we are paying the guy to do some exercise.

In the meantime there are people that criticise Ben Arfa who despite not working hard enough, apparently, at least had the sense to be in positions to impact the game ten fold in our favour.

Didnt he get more goals and assists than Sissoko last year or have I just made that up?

Anyway, I'm not defending him. He doesnt bother  me as much as he does others but in an ideal World he isnt starting centre mid for us.

Didnt he get more goals and assists than Sissoko last year or have I just made that up?

Anyway, I'm not defending him. He doesnt bother  me as much as he does others but in an ideal World he isnt starting centre mid for us.

It's a bit like when Nolan was here. Always in the right place to get a goal from the set pieces, but  pretty shit at bossing the midfield.

Same amount of goals. Sissoko one more if taking cups into consideration. Colback with four more assists.