Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That stupid tattoo he has on his right forearm is a f***ing sand clock thing. You time eggs with them. c***.

...an hourglass? :lol:

Fuck sake, I knew it had a proper name :lol:

But I googled sand clock, and one came up, so just went with it :lol:

Jack colback would be a very decent back up player, he shouldn't be playing week in week out if we want to be in the top eight regurlarly, but when we need someone to come in and cover injuries or late sub to tighten up then he is always 100% consistent, just that he isn't top notch. Well worth a free transfer and great business on our behalf.

Would rather see tiote, abeid, wijnaldum, anita (?) in thoise central roles before him

He will play loads this season. I doubt he would be in McClaren's starting 11 when everyone's fit though.

FWIW I like Colback, he clearly has a professional attitude (which counts for something these days). He works hard, passes well, and chipped in with assists and goals last year. He's good at most things but not great at anything. He's a jack of all trades, master of none.

The stick he gets on here at times is appalling.

He will play loads this season. I doubt he would be in McClaren's starting 11 when everyone's fit though.

FWIW I like Colback, he clearly has a professional attitude (which counts for something these days). He works hard, passes well, and chipped in with assists and goals last year. He's good at most things but not great at anything. He's a jack of all trades, master of none.

The stick he gets on here at times is appalling.

100% agree.

He tries to do more than he is able to, to the detriment of the team. I see him lose position often and try to many risky moves from midfield. He would be fine if his play was more restrained.

I have the opposite view of him tbh, he tends to pass it simple and doesn't try to do much out of the ordinary. My only issue with him is once he's passed it he just stops and watches. You'll never see him looking for a return pass like you would with Sissoko when he first arrived.

He tries to do more than he is able to, to the detriment of the team. I see him lose position often and try to many risky moves from midfield. He would be fine if his play was more restrained.

I have the opposite view of him tbh, he tends to pass it simple and doesn't try to do much out of the ordinary. My only issue with him is once he's passed it he just stops and watches. You'll never see him looking for a return pass like you would with Sissoko when he first arrived.

Aye, couldn't be further from the truth. More suitable description of Tiote.

This, be it diving in or running behind a marker and thus meaning he's out of the game.

Contrary to my dislike for him I don't he's necessarily bad - he's just not good enough for where I think we should be. Decent coaching may help this.