Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think his best position would be as a deep lying defensive midfielder so his lack of running off the ball wouldn't matter. He's not a very good tackler though.

Yep.

So deep lying that he's managed to find himself on the bench.

I haven't seen as many games as you but for example, against Stoke he ran like a headless chicken trying to win the game by himself (and to his credit, he scored).

I think VI has a point.  He is ill-disciplined, in his positioning, as well as his tackling.  Racked up the cards last year and would also charge in like a loon and just press all alone, leaving massive gaps behind him.  That could well be down to bad coaching as much as anything, though.  Why was this not picked up on?  Why was he pressing on his own?  We've had years of playing as individuals, with no real set-up, structure or identity (sound worryingly like Brendan Rodgers there) and he's hardly been on his own in being a bit shit and inconsistent. 

I don't think he's a very good.  Just another generic British midfielder, a bit of a nothing player.  He acted like an utter prick towards us when he was with the mackems and all.  But he deserves a clean slate under the new setup, like the majority of the squad do.  His work rate isn't in question IMO and he did weigh in with the odd goal and assist.

He tries to do more than he is able to, to the detriment of the team. I see him lose position often and try to many risky moves from midfield. He would be fine if his play was more restrained.

I'd like to see him restrained in the changing room via handcuffing the cunt to the door.

I think his best position would be as a deep lying defensive midfielder so his lack of running off the ball wouldn't matter. He's not a very good tackler though.

His positional sense is too erratic for it, which is why whenever we tried to play him with Sissoko as CMs with no one behind them our midfield parted like the Red sea.

His positional sense is too erratic for it, which is why whenever we tried to play him with Sissoko as CMs with no one behind them our midfield parted like the Red sea.

I don't think he's good enough at anything to have a 'best position' tbh, which is why I'd have him nowhere near our first team. And I don't particularly hate the lad either.

What pisses me off the most about this fucker was his reaction after the win against us while he was playing for the fuckers over the road.  It really boils my piss when I read in here about poor jack gets a rough ride on here for his performances which has being below average at best. Of course he's going to get stick when his performances have not being up to scratch on the back of being a stupid ginger prick.

I maybe completely wrong here I am a petty fucker really.

From playing for Sunderland and taking the piss out of his supposed favourite and hometown club, to replace one of our best players and become a possible captain...all while being a bog average midfielder. It's definitely the mix of it that makes him so annoying.

The most depressing part of watching Colback last season was when he would aimlessly press on his own and the ball would get passed straight by him into a striker. Cue the gormless look around and wonder why that's just happened.

At best, this guy can be a serviceable cog for a manager that knows what he's doing tactically, and plays a 3 man midfield. But we knew that.

He's an average (just about) CM who should be playing for some crap club, not Newcastle United. For a supposed lifelong diehard fan of this club, his post derby reactions are idiotic when he played for Sunderland. If he was a world class talent or actually good at something, I'd overlook it, but he's not. Some matches, I want to like him, and in all honesty I don't have too much against him - I just don't think he should (1) be wearing the armband (2) be considered a 1st choice CM.

I really hope this knacker isn't club captain for the season. Literally offers nothing in the way of talent, purpose or personality. Colo with all his faults at least had some kind of stature in the game.

The thought of Colback captaining NUFC is tragic.

From playing for Sunderland and taking the p*ss out of his supposed favourite and hometown club, to replace one of our best players and become a possible captain...all while being a bog average midfielder. It's definitely the mix of it that makes him so annoying.

Yep.

He isn't shit, just the very definition of a 'meh' player imo. He is only here because he was available on a free, and probably in contention for the captaincy because he is a local lad :anguish:

He is a totally rank average player who really should be nothing more than a bench warmer. He's a local lad who grafts hard for the team, was one of the very few players who didn't go into hiding last season and he's quite clearly a model professional who's a dream to work with as far as manager's are concerned. I've got plenty of time for him, but the reality is he's technically not good enough to play in our XI week-in, week-out and so should not be named captain over somebody like SDJ or Janmaat.

I blame Roy Hodgson and his stupid fucking 'Ginger Pirlo' comments - as much as it was made in jest, some people in football seem to be taking that shit seriously.

Imagine mentioning this guy in the same breath as Pirlo man. Even as a joke it's an insult. :lol:

I would actually respect Colback's game more if he tried ambitious passes and never pulled them off, but he just doesn't. Alongside Anite he's supposed to be the more forward thinking player, but he's more negative in his play than Anita is!

Terrible that this guy is seemingly a fixture in midfield. I hope they are noticing he isn't good enough in these friendlies.

Imagine mentioning this guy in the same breath as Pirlo man. Even as a joke it's an insult. :lol:

I would actually respect Colback's game more if he tried ambitious passes and never pulled them off, but he just doesn't. Alongside Anite he's supposed to be the more forward thinking player, but he's more negative in his play than Anita is!

Terrible that this guy is seemingly a fixture in midfield. I hope they are noticing he isn't good enough in these friendlies.

Doesn't matter. First on the training pitch and last off, marra.