Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

He really does put a complete downer on match days when you see his name on the team sheet. Pisses me right off just like Shola used to when he was picked to amble around and do fuck all. He is going to be stinking the place up for as long as Shola did too. The useless little cunt.

There's hyperbole, and then there's Colback. He REALLY offers nothing apart from getting out of position chasing shadows. Driving the ball forward twice in a match with plenty of space in front of you as a midfielder shouldn't be applauded. It's the least he can f***ing do. Pitiful athlete, horrific footballer. Robbing a living.

Guest firetotheworks

We won so I guess it's vindicated, but Christ he's fucking shit. Who gets to his age as a professional footballer and still only slides when trying to tackle? You learn to stay on your feet as a teenager.

We won so I guess it's vindicated, but Christ he's fucking shit. Who gets to his age as a professional footballer and still only slides when trying to tackle? You learn to stay on your feet as a teenager.

He's lucky he pulled up on a lot of those...one of these times he'll follow through and end up snapping someone's ankle.

Otherwise, he just runs around aimlessly and that lack of positioning leaves space in midfield. Unsurprisingly, we had difficulty controlling central midfield at times yesterday.

He's lucky he pulled up on a lot of those...one of these times he'll follow through and end up snapping someone's ankle.

Otherwise, he just runs around aimlessly and that lack of positioning leaves space in midfield. Unsurprisingly, we had difficulty controlling central midfield at times yesterday.

I said in the pre-match thread as soon as I saw his name on the team sheet that Rafa's game plan was obviously to sit back and defend for the majority of the game. When you pick Colback in the midfield the only effective game plan can be to defend deep so his lack of pace doesn't get exposed through the middle, so we were never going to control central midfield. But Rafa knew that and he picked a way to win with Colback in the side.

I think Rafa has already seen through him.

Last season you could allow for Rafa going for 'experience' (even if it was clapped out shite like Cisse, Tiote, S.Taylor etc) and Colback came under that bracket. A supposedly solid performer who you allegedly know what you're getting from.

The performances of Hayden from day one, and since Shelvey has woken up, have definitely moved him into third choice. He'll still get starts and minutes off the bench, but I honestly believe Rafa will phase him out over the next 12-18 months. He has defined roles for his central pair and I don't think he fits into those so well.

And he's shit obviously...