Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

nothing on .com about contract length but an article at the time of signing said expected to be 5 years....only another 3 years lads

:anguish:

He'll be out the team in a years time and a useful squad player this year. Chin up.

Colback being described as useful  :lol:

nothing on .com about contract length but an article at the time of signing said expected to be 5 years....only another 3 years lads

He'll be out the team in a years time and a useful squad player this year. Chin up.

:lol: Colback has shown already that he's not good enough even in this division.

:lol: Colback has shown already that he's not good enough even in this division.

Clueless. Describing someone as a useful Championship squad player is far from being a compliment. Have a deeks at a few of the squads we're competing against.

Clueless. Describing someone as a useful Championship squad player is far from being a compliment. Have a deeks at a few of the squads we're competing against.

Do they have any slow, unathletic midfielders he could compete against?

signing colback was just so ridiculous it was unreal.

clearly an opportunistic signing because he was on a free rather than we actually needed him. this was proven by the fact we tried to flog him immediately to west ham (who he had rejected in favour for us) for £5m before he'd even played for us.

Reckon his days are numbered. He will easily fetch 5m in the current market and I just can't see the club turning it down. It will probably take a couple of windows to bulk up the midfield enough for Rafa to make him expendable, but it will happen.

The beginning of the end.

He might even struggle to make the bench now when we've signed Atsu, Lazaar and Murphy with Mitrovic back as well. I know he's a CM but Rafa would have the option to move down Diame if needed as well, if a CM gets unjured during a game.

Hopefully, like against Brighton, the only reason he sets foot on the pitch is to relieve the real players of unnecessary minutes.

Although I wish he wouldn't get any time at all.

he'll get game time like, no doubt about it, but as long as he's relegated purely to that status i can live with him for another season...i would seriously hope once we're promoted he's moved on at the first opportunity

its a dangerous game bringing him on last 10 minutes or so. he gives away so many free kicks, he puts us immediately under prssure. the worry is that if we concede a quick goal, our brittle confidence implodes and we just fall back inviting more and more pressure on.

he'll get game time like, no doubt about it, but as long as he's relegated purely to that status i can live with him for another season...i would seriously hope once we're promoted he's moved on at the first opportunity

its a dangerous game bringing him on last 10 minutes or so. he gives away so many free kicks, he puts us immediately under prssure. the worry is that if we concede a quick goal, our brittle confidence implodes and we just fall back inviting more and more pressure on.

jesus what did i write? :lol:

meant to say as long as he's only considered backup i can live with it, i.e. he covers injuries/suspensions when there's no-one else

hopefully that won't be too often