Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

He'll be back at the end of the season though

He won't, he'll go on a Bosman.

Not if we offer him a new contract before his with us ends (a month after the season ends). I can't see why his loan to Hull would be until the end of June when the season ends in May.

Obviously this depends on Pardew not being here

Not if we offer him a new contract before his with us ends (a month after the season ends). I can't see why his loan to Hull would be until the end of June when the season ends in May.

and the board changing their mind on it since they clearly don't disagree with Pardews stance and assuming Ben Arfa doesn't sign a pre-contract with a foreign club from january onwards or simply likes Hull

Well Transfermarkt reckon that the loan deal ends on 31st May. Here's hoping eh.

and the board changing their mind on it since they clearly don't disagree with Pardews stance and assuming Ben Arfa doesn't sign a pre-contract with a foreign club from january onwards or simply likes Hull

at least one journalist has been trumpetting that HBA knocked back a new contract offer last year, perhaps that's pissed them off or resigned them to losing him for fuck all anyways

The board don't necessarily have to agree with it to go along with it. Pardew picks the team and if he has made it clear to the board that HBA won't be playing then they have no choice but to let him go, otherwise they'd just be paying him a lot of money to do nothing.

I doubt the wanker has two games left if this is true;

http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/sep/02/hull-steve-bruce-hatem-ben-arfa

Around the same time Sky Sports News showed pictures of Hatem Ben Arfa leaving Newcastle United’s training ground. The richly gifted, if high-maintenance, France international pointed his car towards the city’s airport but he was merely heading for the nearby upmarket enclaves where many of Alan Pardew’s players live.

It seemed Ben Arfa had successfully resisted Pardew’s attempts to off-load him to Besiktas or Birmingham and was probably bound for some shopping at his local Waitrose en route home.

Undeterred, Newcastle’s frustrated manager instructed his board to “do whatever it takes” to move on a player he had exiled from all first-team involvement following disputes about long-ball tactics, fitness and work-rate . Soon afterwards a phone rang in Cottingham.

I'm curious as to whether a clause allowing him to play against us is stated? If not, I hope he smashes 5 goals past Rob f***ing Elliot and celebrates in front of Pardew like a mad man.

Edit - Nevermind, apparently he can't  :undecided: :buck2:

I noticed The Sun as it's new role as the clubs mouth-piece has a small article talking about how the manager had no choice but to move on Ben Arfa after he argued with the manager as well as key players. Some of whom claimed they wouldn't play with him anymore. Obviously all of those pictures of him with our first team in the changing rooms and ex-players talking of how much of a stupid call it would be to sell him are irrelevant.

The worst part about it is there will be far too many people taken in by it and will no doubt be peddling the same argument today.

Guest Roger Kint

I noticed The Sun as it's new role as the clubs mouth-piece has a small article talking about how the manager had no choice but to move on Ben Arfa after he argued with the manager as well as key players. Some of whom claimed they wouldn't play with him anymore. Obviously all of those pictures of him with our first team in the changing rooms and ex-players talking of how much of a stupid call it would be to sell him are irrelevant.

The worst part about it is there will be far too many people taken in by it and will no doubt be peddling the same argument today.

The Sun are still protesting they have no link up in place, despite every single NE journo at some point complaining they didnt get access to something that the sun did. Quite clear the club are calling all their mates in the media feeding extra stuff to placate the masses this week. Expect word of a player we couldnt get over the line to pop up too soon :lol: