Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

1 minute ago, nufc4eva said:

Well sounded like that 🤣 I loved him as a player, just thought we were in desperate territory. Wouldn't mind seeing if Osula can play from there

My bad. I meant the 2010 version. Saying that I’d still back 37 year old HBA to get more goals and assists in this side than Almiron 

Edited by gdm

It’s absurd how hard he kicks that ball. An utterly ridiculous talent. How can someone be that good at kicking a ball as well as being one of the best dribblers in the world 

3 minutes ago, gbandit said:

It’s absurd how hard he kicks that ball. An utterly ridiculous talent. How can someone be that good at kicking a ball as well as being one of the best dribblers in the world 

Yeah his technique transfers to so much power with precision. Mad stuff.

40 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Laurent Robert could belt them in too.

God I wish we played him every game when he was here.. Him constanly sitting on the bench or even in the stands was mad frustrating. I just wanted to see Ben Arfa do his magic. Instead we were stuck with Obertan..

Wish Keegan had stayed during the Graham Carr era. We had a talented side so would have loved to have seen what he could have done with Ben Arfa especially but also Ba, Cisse, Cabaye and Coloccini. Even Santon and Debuchy he would have liked as marauding full backs and may have even got a tune out of Marveaux

Love this:

"But when we would walk out towards training he would be like, 'I'm going to nutmeg you, you and you today,' and he could take the ball and just go past five or six, take it around the 'keeper and have an empty net but take the ball back to go around a defender again.

David Meyler reflecting on his time at Hull.:pardsbeard:

This never fails to crack me up.

"The manager took Hatem off after about 35, 40 minutes," Meyler explained, "and at half-time he got the stats that Allan McGregor who was in goals for us had run more than Hatem Ben Arfa in the first-half.

"I remember Steve Bruce blew a gasket and went off at him, but Hatem just sat there laughing at him."