Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Didn't know football was 1 vs 1.

When did anybody say it was?

Because it sounded like we'd have to sacrifice HBA to give Aarons a new contract. Both is possible, even though i doubt we'll see Benny again.

Also, my post wasn't a reply to yours...

We can have both.  Aarons on one side, HBA on the other feeding Perez with Cabella in behind.  Fuck, that sounds so good.

Because Crumpy loves Pardew and has clearly fallen for his bullshit

Anyone that is happy for Gouffran to start games for us whilst Ben Arfa is God knows where needs serious help. Going forward Gouffran offers nothing, not even flashes of brilliance with no end product (which the Pardew lovers falsely claim Ben Arfa does) and defensively as we have seen he is no great help either

Ben Arfa has his flaws as a footballer BUT as a football fan I love watching him play, for those moments when he beats a couple of plasters with ease either by sprinting passed them or the drop of a shoulder, why on earth would you not want to watch that? How is Gouffran running 10 yards then passing it to Colback more exciting than that?

Nice of you to suggest I 'love Pardew'

Gouffran is shit. I agree. I'd rather see HBA. But, I'd sacrifice both to see Aarons secured onto a decent contract.

HBA and Aarons play on different sides though, and we need more than one player who can play out wide.

If we're going 4-3-3 I'd love to see us go with HBA, Cabella and Aarons as our primary options in the wide spots with Sammy and Obertan providing depth. Players with pace who can run at and beat people, they'll frustrate us at times trying to do too much but will always provide a threat. Fuck off Gouffran. Perhaps Perez will end up playing wide too ultimately depending on the style our new manager wants to adapt, I'd prefer he stay central but have no doubt he could be extremely effective on the right cutting inside.

The question with Ben Arfa is how serious is he about playing his final year of his contract? Difficult to say looking from the outside. Was he unpopular in general with teammates or was it just the Pardew gimps who disliked him? Would a new manager get him motivated where Pardew and Bruce couldn't? As much as I like him, I do wonder whether he cares enough to make a go of it here now, and is just running down his contract.

Anyone that is happy for Gouffran to start games for us whilst Ben Arfa is God knows where needs serious help. Going forward Gouffran offers nothing, not even flashes of brilliance with no end product (which the Pardew lovers falsely claim Ben Arfa does) and defensively as we have seen he is no great help either

Ben Arfa has his flaws as a footballer BUT as a football fan I love watching him play, for those moments when he beats a couple of plasters with ease either by sprinting passed them or the drop of a shoulder, why on earth would you not want to watch that? How is Gouffran running 10 yards then passing it to Colback more exciting than that?

Gouffran is shit. I agree. I'd rather see HBA. But, I'd sacrifice both to see Aarons secured onto a decent contract.

What have you seen in the 5 games Aarons has played?

I like the look of what I've seen of Aarons but it's very early to say he's a star.

Like a lot of young players who burst onto the scene he may burn out.

Big risk to put all of your faith in him at the expense of a player who you know has performed at the highest level for a number of years.

We need two wingers not just one

Always been a huge fan and defender of HBA, however wouldn't have him back.

I think he's been given a few chances now (here & with hull), but due to a mixture of his attitude and poor man management, he's not been able to take them.

I also have an inkling he's perceived to have a negative influence on the team as a whole. Wasted talent at the end of the day, such a shame.

Always been a huge fan and defender of HBA, however wouldn't have him back.

I think he's been given a few chances now (here & with hull), but due to a mixture of his attitude and poor man management, he's not been able to take them.

I also have an inkling he's perceived to have a negative influence on the team as a whole. Wasted talent at the end of the day, such a shame.

http://media.giphy.com/media/RX3vhj311HKLe/giphy.gif

Looks like he might get another chance with the new coach.. if said new coach wants him or our front office don't shift him asap which might well be the case given his previous history with staff and players.

Either way, think he is still done here and has fallen into believing his and his agents own hype. his talent is undeniable, as is his harsh treatment by our regime. Like to think he would grab this extra final chance with both hands but Attitude maybe beyond repair, thought he was highly motivated to shove it down Pardews throat when he moved to Hull. Hasn't worked out.

Fingers crossed he swallows some pride as does anyone else at the club with an issue. A fit and motivated Ben Arfa is in the clubs best interest.

Carver post match interview from Burnley:

"We've got the lads coming in tomorrow [Friday] but we won't be out on the training ground, that's for sure.  We've got 3 or 4 issues that we've got to deal with, so we'll dust them down and we'll get the best 11 that we can get on the pitch for Leicester on Saturday"

Wondering if one of these "issues" is Hatem's return? :lol:

Is it truly official that he's back tomorrow?

Cabella - Perez - HBA

De Jong

Aarons - Perez - HBA

De Jong/Cabella

Perez - De Jong - HBA

Cabella

With Carver and Stone in charge, he'll be nowhere near the first team. It would take a new manager to come in to see him in playing for us again.

Aye that's what Im thinking.  I'm just hoping he isnt sold before we get a manger (something I can definitely see happening)

With Carver and Stone in charge, he'll be nowhere near the first team. It would take a new manager to come in to see him in playing for us again.

Carver will want the fans on his side, don't bet against him getting a game if he comes back.