Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Pardew went to hull last season, headbutted a player and got sent off. Still guided his side past a well set up bruce side.  I also seem to rememmber playing allsorts of players out of pisition during his sunderland days.  he was fcking sacked by sunderland for being utter s***.  we are at an all time low.  we really are.

Yeah I'm not getting this Bruce love. He's better than pardew, which is no endorsement at all. He's still s***.

:thup:

Yeah I'm not getting this Bruce love. He's better than pardew, which is no endorsement at all. He's still s***.

Precisely. It's like having to choose between finding a lump in your ballsack or seeing blood in your sh*t. Talk about lowered expectations.

Guest firetotheworks

Considering I'd be happy to take a manager that's worse than Pardew, just to oust the prick, I'd happily take one that's the same, if not better (which imo he is)

they've been managing almost the exact same amount of time now btw, since 1998/99

there's always the possibility bruce is getting better as he gets older, we know this is categorically not the case for pardew

i reiterate, bruce isn't a great manager or anything but he's far better at the basics of the game than pardew and we're in a situation where the basics of the game elude us week after week

He is the fat-headed embodiment of bog standard British management. And he drags his shit son around with him. Hull is about right for him.

He's one of the best managers in the Premier League tbh. It's a shame Hull didn't progress in Europe this year because part of me can still see Bruce here one day, and it would be good if he had European experience by that point. As a manager he's done well wherever he has been, apart from the Mackems, which was obviously an horrendous appointment.

They didn't progress in Europe because he completely forfeited the competition. An attitude I'm sure would not be welcomed here.

They tried to do what we did and played a weakened team but failed while we just barely scraped through thanks to a referee.

Let's not forget (ignore) that they went 2-0 up in the FA Cup final last season.

He is the fat-headed embodiment of bog standard British management. And he drags his shit son around with him. Hull is about right for him.

He's one of the best managers in the Premier League tbh. It's a shame Hull didn't progress in Europe this year because part of me can still see Bruce here one day, and it would be good if he had European experience by that point. As a manager he's done well wherever he has been, apart from the Mackems, which was obviously an horrendous appointment.

They didn't progress in Europe because he completely forfeited the competition. An attitude I'm sure would not be welcomed here.

They tried to do what we did and played a weakened team but failed while we just barely scraped through thanks to a referee.

Let's not forget (ignore) that they went 2-0 up in the FA Cup final last season.

Tried and failed miserably against Belgian giants Lokeren.

There's no doubt he's doing a good job at Hull like and I don't mind him as a person, but he didn't succeed when he reached the heady heights of Sunderland and not once in his 10+ years of management (pre-Ben Arfa) has anyone looked forward to seeing a Steve Bruce team play.

There's no doubt he's doing a good job at Hull like and I don't mind him as a person, but he didn't succeed when he reached the heady heights of Sunderland and not once in his 10+ years of management (pre-Ben Arfa) has anyone looked forward to seeing a Steve Bruce team play.

Ignore everything I said then.

I think it's more the fact that people immediately dismiss someone like Bruce - but when you actually analyse his record, it really isn't that bad.

Isnt that bad?

He was a fuckng laghng stock at Sunderland.

Ignore everything I said then.

Thought I responded fairly directly to your justification of his limp European effort and admitted he is generally performing impressively at Hull, with the obvious highlight giving them the biggest day in their history.

He'd go the way of Allardyce, Pardew et al if he found himself in our dugout though. Dull, dull football. SanToon mentioned McClaren, that would be a much more acceptable appointment.

But anyway, Ben Arfa.

I think it's more the fact that people immediately dismiss someone like Bruce - but when you actually analyse his record, it really isn't that bad.

Isnt that bad?

He was a fuckng laghng stock at Sunderland.

He's done pretty well everywhere else.

Only 4 teams were worse than us between January and May, 3 went down and the other one was Hull. I think he has done a good job there because they're Hull City, but we're not.

Exactly. He's a good manager for Hull but we really should be aiming higher. It seems these days fans are expected to welcome every no mark from Peter Beardsley to Tony Pulis on the basis anyone is better than Pards. Well no...none of them are good enough, Ashley the fat cunt should go out and bring in a manager who is fit for this club. Or fuck off and buy Peterborough FC and try marketing Sports Direct at their ground.

:lol:

Bruce is massively better in fat he can set a balanced team up, doesn't play half the team of of position to shoe-horn in his favourites, and isn't an arrogant, obnoxious prick. He does look like a emotional dinner lady though.

Amazing typo :lol:

:lol:

Only 4 teams were worse than us between January and May, 3 went down and the other one was Hull. I think he has done a good job there because they're Hull City, but we're not.

Hull were a newly promoted side with far less resources than NUFC had in 2010, yet survived fairly comfortably while also doing well in cups. That is a fantastic season, however you want to spin it. This season they have been more ambitious in their transfers, and should look to be more expansive and finish higher. We will see what happens.

Bruce is perfectly competent, IMO, anyway.

Hull were a newly promoted side with far less resources than NUFC had in 2010, yet survived fairly comfortably while also doing well in cups. That is a fantastic season, however you want to spin it. This season they have been more ambitious in their transfers, and should look to be more expansive and finish higher. We will see what happens.

Bruce is perfectly competent, IMO, anyway.

He is competent if you support Wigan or Hull. He's not competent enough to manage Newcastle (not a Newcastle being run properly anyway), he wasn't even competent enough to manage sunderland.

Would Spurs or Everton give him a job? That's the level we should be aiming for at an absolute bare minimum. Neither would go near Steve Bruce in a million years and rightly so.

Just because I hate Pardew doesn't mean I'm going to lower my expectations for the type of manager that should be leading NUFC.

Guest northshieldsmag

Hatem Ben Atfa's final slide into obscurity has begun. Yesterdays man, another talented player who wasted his career.