Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I'll never forget what Pardew did to the fella. Hell I wonder what CH is thinking about this - the man signed him and basically put him in a "go on and play son" role immediately

That Everton game was outrageous.

The old I'm just going to rip the piss merciless for the full 90mins. Unbelievable.

I don't think some people understand what this game is about ultimately. If I go to St James these days it's usually as an initiation process for one of the younger generation of my family and I must have just hit lucky the last couple of times that Ben Arfa was magic on both occasions. The kids were off their seats cheering and joining in with the general euphoria in the ground on those occasions. It doesn't surprise me at all that there were 100 Hull fans chanting Ben Arfa's name at 11pm on transfer deadline day. I can guarantee one thing, they won't be going down this season. Can't say the same for us.

Can't believe that lot have over taken us so quickly.

Wey, they haven't though. They just have our best player and (goes without saying) a better manager.

I was looking through their team today ... they have surpassed us man. They have better centre backs, midfielders and strikers. Hull City.

Mostly because Pardew has ruined all of ours.

That's simply not true like. You're being a hypochondriac. They haven't 'overtaken' us aside from having our best player and a better manager, that's it. Not even worth debating.

I meant strictly team wise. I think theirs has surpassed ours. I don't even know who we have that is any good anymore. We're in a state.

That's simply horseshit like.

Okay, well I guess we'll have to disagree on that.

:thup: I have no problem with that. I like it when two people can just agree to disagree.

For sure. I do think we have some decent players, but maybe I'm just a bit too down on things at the minute. Pardew makes them look so poor, I worry if they can be redeemed sometimes.

We have some good players, Pardew really does restrict any talent he can with his tactics (and if that doesn't work he drops them) but we shouldn't let that convince us they're shit or half his job is done already.  Its hard to stop yourself from giving in to the malaise he creates, but you just have to consider what these players were before they came here.  For instance Remy Cabella was arguably the player of the season in France last year, I'm far from writing him off, same goes for De Jong.

I said a few months ago I can't think of anyone we have who the kids would want on the back of the shirt these days. Who would they imitate if they still played football in the park? Suppose it's easier now as they can just sign Messi on the computer then control him and not have to be doing shuttle runs at the edge of the grass pretending to be Gouffran.

Dread to think who the top shirt seller is this season.

Guest firetotheworks

I said a few months ago I can't think of anyone we have who the kids would want on the back of the shirt these days. Who would they imitate if they still played football in the park? Suppose it's easier now as they can just sign Messi on the computer then control him and not have to be doing shuttle runs at the edge of the grass pretending to be Gouffran.

Pretty obvious imo, Cabella.

Pretty obvious imo, Cabella.

He's most likely, aye. I do fear it'll be Colo or Cisse due to familiarity and/or the #9 shirt, which would paint a vulgar picture.

Guest Roger Kint

That letter is noticeably diplomatic, he's definitely biting his tongue there. No mention of his ill treatment or Pardew and he actually thanks the club. Obviously some sort of agreement has taken place for him to keep his mouth shut while he's still technically on our books at least.

I think its more like Ben Arfa is a big enough person to let it go. What could we possibly do to him anyway, dock his wages?

Given we were ringing round the world up til the last second desperate to get him out its pretty obvious we pay some(probs a lot) of his wages, so yes he could easily be fined for bad mouthing the manager/club.

Guest neesy111

That letter is noticeably diplomatic, he's definitely biting his tongue there. No mention of his ill treatment or Pardew and he actually thanks the club. Obviously some sort of agreement has taken place for him to keep his mouth shut while he's still technically on our books at least.

I think its more like Ben Arfa is a big enough person to let it go. What could we possibly do to him anyway, dock his wages?

Given we were ringing round the world up til the last second desperate to get him out its pretty obvious we pay some(probs a lot) of his wages, so yes he could easily be fined for bad mouthing the manager/club.

Robert was fined 4 weeks wages for lots of comments about Souness.

Wish he could play against us, really do. What a sad state of affairs.

The Hatem situation I liken to Ginola and Robert. Difference being we had a manager who could harness the brilliance of those players and accomodate them in the team despite their shortcomings in the 'graft' and 'tracking back' departments. I'm absolute devastated that we'll more than likely never see him in a black and white shirt again yet we're stuck with that utter detestable cunt.

*sigh*

http://i.imgur.com/7GcbL26.jpg

He's being allowed to train with their first team and not the under 9's :kasper:

When I see this photo it really fucking pisses me off - I fucking hate you Pardew, you absolute fucking cunt!!!!!!!!!!!