Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Yeah it's that simple for sure

You are one of my favourite posters on here you know that but it really is that simple.

He has a choice, grow the fuck up get on with it or flounce off like a cry baby and just give up.

If he just quits all he succeeds in doing is proving his army of doubters right.

]

What if he wants to quit football?  It's not that simple at all, you've no idea what he's thinking about, that's how you view it, thats up to you. he's a different person to you.

Sorry mate he's behaving like a child.

I wish I were in a position to be able to quit what I'm doing at 27 and just give it up.

He's weak mentally and it's showing now.

Stop letting your bias cloud your judgement, if he wanted to quit football why sign for Nice in the first place?

I did feel gutted for him when I heard he can't play for another six months. After being frozen out, or shoehorned into a Pardew regime, for God knows how long - dealing with arseholes like NUFC, or Fifa, and agents etc - after seeing talentless shits surpass you on the field through it all, I'd feel fucking robbed of my prime and a bit fed up with it all. Especially if you have the money/time to do something else.

You are one of my favourite posters on here you know that but it really is that simple.

He has a choice, grow the fuck up get on with it or flounce off like a cry baby and just give up.

If he just quits all he succeeds in doing is proving his army of doubters right.

]

What if he wants to quit football?  It's not that simple at all, you've no idea what he's thinking about, that's how you view it, thats up to you. he's a different person to you.

Sorry mate he's behaving like a child.

I wish I were in a position to be able to quit what I'm doing at 27 and just give it up.

He's weak mentally and it's showing now.

Stop letting your bias cloud your judgement, if he wanted to quit football why sign for Nice in the first place?

Nah. I'm just looking at it from an alternate angle. Your not in his position are you, thats the salient point isn't it? I cbf to debate it really, its anyone's choice if they want to quit.  I'd assume this is just a power play from his lawyer anyway

Powerplay against who? Fifa?  :lol:

Like Fifa give a single fuck about Hatem Ben Arfa or his lawyer.

Must have a couple of mill in the bank. Buy an olive farm and chillax. :lol:

Many footballers have fuck all in the bank and live month to month.  Loads will go bankrupt imminently now HMRC have their claws into the profession.

Must have a couple of mill in the bank. Buy an olive farm and chillax. :lol:

Many footballers have f*** all in the bank and live month to month.  Loads will go bankrupt imminently now HMRC have their claws into the profession.

Or in the case of Oba Martins, week to week.

Not surprised at all. I knew he was mentally weak as a footballer and in a bad place, but to give up on the game is drastic. I sympathise in this case, he's done nothing wrong and a shit fifa rule has robbed him of half a season, but he's robbed himself of the last year with his antics and if he is ready to quit then it's no wonder no one, no manager or player or friend could get the best out of him, or anything at all.

I've always tried my best to see it from both sides, so it does make me wonder if the club knew how troubled he was and why didn't they as a duty of care for an employee help him rather than cast him out. Now that's more shocking than Jonas, or keegan, or anything they've done so far IMHO.

I'm probably jumping the gun, or reading too much in to it, but maybe he's severly depressed and has been struggling for years and we've done nothing. It would be disgusting if that were the case, but thinking more of it, maybe there is something in it.  :sad:

I'm wondering what relevance "the transfer window" has to a player who is going to be without a club, who would potentially be joining the MLS.

The only relevance I can see is how it shows up the original post for being totally fabricated.

21:21  Ben Arfa to find home in MLS?

According to the Daily Mail, Hatem Ben Arfa could possibly join an MLS club in the few remaining hours of the transfer window.

source: www.getfootballnewsfrance.com

6 months man he'd destroy that league like.

I just e-mailed my ticket rep and said tell Phil Rawlins to get it done, if he does, I'm buying 2 club seats today.

Aren't the MLS still dictated by Fifa rules?

If he can simply just become a free agent and do that, bypassing the Fifa club rule, then it is a no brainer for him to join an MLS team for the next 6 months. He will get his confidence back, live a great lifestyle and hopefully get the chance to return to Europe at the end.. if he wants to.

God knows who would have the money to take him though.

Nice managed it, maybe he'd take a pay cut.

Sorry, meant the 3 club rule.

Most of the bigger clubs are maxed out on DP's, there is probably a way around it though. Id expect the MLS would probably take a good whack of the wage to get him to the league.

]

:lol: this post was so...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/58745736.jpg

If he can simply just become a free agent and do that, bypassing the Fifa club rule, then it is a no brainer for him to join an MLS team for the next 6 months. He will get his confidence back, live a great lifestyle and hopefully get the chance to return to Europe at the end.. if he wants to.

Micah Richards can join someone else because the Community Shield was classed as last season, so I'm guessing as far as FIFA are concerned, the MLS will be classed as a new season too for when it starts again?

Micah Richards can join someone else because the Community Shield was classed as last season, so I'm guessing as far as FIFA are concerned, the MLS will be classed as a new season too for when it starts again?

nope, happened at cork city about 8 years ago, 2 players couldn't play until july (season goes from march to november) because of this rule-fifa rules cover the year 1st july to 30th of june.

Hate seeing players who have talent then cock it up, when you think of those less talented trying their damndest to get somewhere.

I know he's no Best sure he was the same age as Hatem when he called it a day only to return couple years later when past his prime, another wasted talent.