Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Guest neesy111

Didn't track back though.....

Honestly man :anguish:

Any manager worth their salt finds a way to play him, whatever the rest of the team at their disposal.

Agreed.

Any manager worth their salt finds a way to play him, whatever the rest of the team at their disposal.

Agreed.

Anyone saying anything different is fucking clueless IMHO. You shouldn't even want a player like Ben Area to track back, there's 10 other players on your team who can do that.

Guest neesy111

Agreed.

Anyone saying anything different is fucking clueless IMHO. You shouldn't even want a player like Ben Area to track back, there's 10 other players on your team who can do that.

Agreed.

Sir Bob said the same with Robert, wanted him available on the counter attack with Bellamy and Dyer.

Guest neesy111

One of Bobby’s biggest mistakes was not giving Distin what he wanted and pursuing Bramble instead. Woodgate & Distin together would have been class for those 18 months.

Yeap, huge mistake that.  Although I feel it was a shepherd decision as well.

Agreed.

Absolutely. I’d have built my team around him.

Imagine having to have been managed by Bruce and Pardew with a talent like that... tragic.

Steve Bruce took a calculated risk on a petulant Hatem Ben Arfa after an exasperated Alan Pardew finally gave up and threw him on United’s scrapheap.

However it backfired and Bruce used an escape clause in his loan agreement to also get rid this month.

“What a dreadful waste of real talent,” sighed Steve. “It’s criminal because the lad can play all right but I must question how much he is in love with the game.

“I took a chance on Ben Arfa because I knew of his ability and I felt he could give us something different but it never worked out.

“Honestly in his last game for us against Manchester United our goalkeeper ran about more than him. I had to sub him early because I needed sweat and fight in our position and I wasn’t getting it.

“To be great you have to be a team player not an individual.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

He doesn't 'run about' enough for our Bruce.

One of Bobby’s biggest mistakes was not giving Distin what he wanted and pursuing Bramble instead. Woodgate & Distin together would have been class for those 18 months.

purely down to wages so i wonder who had the last word.

How do you watch Ben Arfa play and determine he doesn't love the game man? :lol:

What he doesn't love is hoof ball and run around a lot and get stuck in ball.

It's funny, watching James play today for Everton, you don't see him charging around like a lunatic. He's given freedom to try and get on the ball and make things happen. With a good athletic midfield trio that allows for that.

But nah, one player that isn't defensive minded ruins the whole team, never mind that goign forward he can win a game on his own. Urgh.