Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

There's no doubting Hatem's on-the-ball talent, but he'd never fit into an Eddie Howe team because of how he sets teams up to play off the ball. You just can't have one player not doing the high press, if you do then it leaves gaps in the press to be passed through and all of a sudden you're 3v3 or 4v4 with the defence back peddling very quickly.

What a player though, one of my favourites. What is it with this club and mercurial French wingers, particularly left wingers? It really is a bit odd.

Ginola

Robert

Maxi

Hatem (on the right)

Not that I'm complaining, between those 4 you've got most of my top favourite 5 PL-era NUFC players :lol:

1 hour ago, HawK said:

There's no doubting Hatem's on-the-ball talent, but he'd never fit into an Eddie Howe team because of how he sets teams up to play off the ball. You just can't have one player not doing the high press, if you do then it leaves gaps in the press to be passed through and all of a sudden you're 3v3 or 4v4 with the defence back peddling very quickly.

What a player though, one of my favourites. What is it with this club and mercurial French wingers, particularly left wingers? It really is a bit odd.

Ginola

Robert

Maxi

Hatem (on the right)

Not that I'm complaining, between those 4 you've got most of my top favourite 5 PL-era NUFC players :lol:

You missed out N’Zogbia :) 

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, TaylorJ_01 said:

My greatest regret is not seeing him play a couple back to back seasons every game under a decent manager at his peak. Whoever fault it was, it's surely a missed opportunity to bring joy into the game. Hopefully St Max can replace it somewhat.

particularly the time of his career when he was mopping it up at Nice too. He was destroying teams.