Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

6 minutes ago, Ste said:

Me and @Stiflerhad a cracking view for his goal against Bolton. Felt like the whole stand was screaming at him to pass it but I’ve never felt calmer knowing what was coming. 

I know I was.

In fairness he had a fucking shocking game to be honest, he lost the ball anytime he had it that game.

Hate it when people dismiss that Bolton goal as 'he just ran in a line'. Every touch was perfect and deliberate. The first flick to take it around the first player, then the two 'double touches' where he takes a small touch then a second touch quickly after it to take it away from the defenders to get past the two tackles. Just brilliant. 

3 hours ago, Ste said:

Me and @Stiflerhad a cracking view for his goal against Bolton. Felt like the whole stand was screaming at him to pass it but I’ve never felt calmer knowing what was coming. 

Same here for the Blackburn one. I was right up in the top corner of the Gallowgate so when he was dribbling into the box he was heading right towards me. 

As you say, I think the whole stand was shouting for him to pass and it felt like he was weaving from side to side for about an hour before he finally let the shot rip.

4 hours ago, Ste said:

Yep I was definitely screaming at him to put Cisse through from the Gallowgate😅

5 hours ago, Ste said:

Took my nephew to that game, he was down from Scotland, and that goal made him want a Ben Arfa shirt and probably got a soft spot for Newcastle for life on the back of that.

Then my daughter got pissed that I'd took him to a game so I took her to the Stoke game where they went down to 9 men and Ben Arfa ran riot. I wasn't going to many games by then, I think I just got lucky that season. :lol:

I was away at uni that year so didn't go to masses of games, but was in the Leazes End with a class view of Ben Arfa's two ridiculous goals v Blackburn in the cup and Bolton in the league. Still feel privileged and the Blackburn one is definitely the best goal I've ever seen live.

Ben Arfa is my generations Tony Green. All I've heard is how good he was without never seeing him play. In the 2043 version of N-O we'll be saying oh Ben Arfa was one of the naturally talented players NUFC ever had to incredulous youngsters who having been spoiled by over a decade of success can't believe anyone from the 'poor' years could ever have that title

6 minutes ago, kingxlnc said:

Ben Arfa is my generations Tony Green. All I've heard is how good he was without never seeing him play. In the 2043 version of N-O we'll be saying oh Ben Arfa was one of the naturally talented players NUFC ever had to incredulous youngsters who having been spoiled by over a decade of success can't believe anyone from the 'poor' years could ever have that title

And there were plenty of our fans who despised him