Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Tell me what he does.

Is he a goal threat? No.

Has he got a hell of a shot? No.

Is he good in the air? No.

Is he a creative player carving out chances for others? No. He is no Iniesta thats for sure.

Defense splitting passes? No.

Does he give the ball away consistently and fall onto the ground waving his arms? Yes.

Does he run around all day? Yes he can.

Call me old fashioned but I like my forwards to score occasionally and make a nuisance of themselves in the box creating space for others.

He carries the ball well, follows the managers very specific orders to a tee (not many attacking players can do that), he links up well with whoever he is playing alongside (trustworthy), he constantly hustles and harries opponents defenders which I can absolutely say has single handedly led to goals this season alone never mind other seasons. He is always available to play intricate 1-2's with and doesn't ever shy away from being involved. Perhaps most importantly he wins us tons of free kicks, similarly to how Jonas used to. I'm sorry he's not Iniesta but given the position we're in he's a bloody good option to have. You can trust him every game, and for whatever reason, we have been a better team with him in it for years.

Look at the position we're in, and be more realistic, Perez is absolutely fine for where we're at as a club. If he possessed the attributes outlined in your post he would be above and beyond stature wise.

Perez was excellent today?

You have to be kidding me. Or you didn't watch the match. One of the two.

Neither. He held the ball up really well and made some very intelligent runs going forward. Had Gayle or Kenedy found him with 2 simple passes he would have probably had 1 if not 2 goals. His defensive work from the front was also first class.

He might've run around but he did next to nothing else. That is the minimum you expect.

He gave away the ball cheaply and fell over a lot, admittedly to get a few free kicks but that was all.

He needs to go.

Fucking hell. :lol:

You can tell it's half-term week like.

Guest firetotheworks

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/255/097/022.jpg

Seriously though, why? Enjoy the victory, we've had very little to enjoy. Don't waste your time focusing on whether you thought Perez was any good or not. [emoji38]

He wasn't too bad today but the one thing that pisses me off with him is him getting caught in possession all the time. It happened a couple of times again today. You'd think he'd have learned by now but it still happens in every game he plays in.

Not his biggest fan and I think he would get knocked off the ball by a couple of five year olds, never mind PL defenders. But to not give him credit when it's due for a "run his bollocks off" performance, and especially after a fantastic and unexpected victory, is just bloody daft. He has more footballing intelligence than any of our forwards.

As I said before, he is the one who tries the most difficult stuff with least space available. If you don't understand this and criticise him for losing possessions you must be a fans of Colback who only knows how to pass back.

As I said before, he is the one who tries the most difficult stuff with least space available. If you don't understand this and criticise him for losing possessions you must be a fans of Colback who only knows how to pass back.

It very rarely comes off though. I thought he was poor on the ball yesterday but his work rate was top notch as usual

He’s in the team due to his work rate, he closes down and puts opposition players under pressure really well. Quite often this leads to them whacking the ball out of play or gifting possession back to us.

As with the situation we had with Darlow/Elliot, we have no better alternative than playing Perez, which is why he features so often.

It very rarely comes off though. I thought he was poor on the ball yesterday but his work rate was top notch as usual

It's really hard to try hold down the ball, turn his body and complete the rest of the work on his own. I don't think it is coincidence that once Kenedy arrived Ayoze looks much better.  Of course he has lots of room to improve but I don't think it's that easy to replace him to be honest.

You can look at other teams no. 10 and notice how many spaces they had in comparison with Ayoze.

Very harsh to criticise anyone yesterday in my opinion.  Clean sheet against Man Utd, with their firepower and away record can only come from 11 men defending well and doing their job well.  He works his trolleys off and whilst not the most robust he never hides and does what is asked of him.

Did well yesterday but he does have a tendency to play the pass half a yard behind his man which kills any momentum the receiving player has.  Happened a few times yesterday and got a bit annoying.

Got absolutely no problem with his work rate and dedication so don't like being overly critical but sadly you just know his contribution in an attacking sense will be minimal. He often loses possession due to inability to compete physically and hasn't got the pace or guile to really hurt teams. We really needed an upgrade in his position as much as we needed a new striker in January.