Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

I think if Perez gets to start most games this season, he'll light the championship up. The biggest problem he might have is getting on the teamsheet if Rafa's still looking for a proven goalscorer.

Rafa said yesterday that Perez's best position is behind the striker

I like that Rafa keeps pushing him all the time and that he wants him to become more consistent. Think his technical quality will do wonders for us.

There was one game at the end of last season I don't recall which but Ayoze was 1 on 2 and there was a player in space who probably would have scored had he passed it to him but Perez chose to go alone and ended up losing out.

We won the game though think it was Palace and at full time rather than celebrating with the players he came straight over put his arm around Perez and was explaining the mistake to him and presumably giving him some advice, I'm relatively certain he will improve with this level of coaching.

I like that Rafa keeps pushing him all the time and that he wants him to become more consistent. Think his technical quality will do wonders for us.

There was one game at the end of last season I don't recall which but Ayoze was 1 on 2 and there was a player in space who probably would have scored had he passed it to him but Perez chose to go alone and ended up losing out.

We won the game though think it was Palace and at full time rather than celebrating with the players he came straight over put his arm around Perez and was explaining the mistake to him and presumably giving him some advice, I'm relatively certain he will improve with this level of coaching.

Was Palace aye.

Looks like he's reading his mind in this picture. Bloody hell.

http://i.imgur.com/RFQs1lL.jpg

Off night. We kno he's capable of better, he's gonna get 20+ this season.

I think he let the anticipation and event get to him.

I'm not convinced at all of that. He's got a long way to go.

He was awful tonight, like. He's just not a striker in a million years and will always struggle in such a role.

He's an enigma like. He's by far, for me, our most talented technical player yet he often lacks that little something. It's frustrating.

Diame would be a better option for no10 at the mo, Perez's form just carried on from last season tonight, his anticipation was terrible, was always caught on his heels, looked a different player to the one we signed 2 years ago. Hopefully he finds that spark again over the course of the season.