Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

• 3 weeks later...

Strange that he's still on, nothing come off for him all game.

He played a brief part in the second goal

That was the one piece of quality from him all game, but it was sublime. So frustrating watching him, you can see how he could rip teams open if he didn't dawdle on the ball a fraction too long.

Guest alijmitchell

Have to say he was atrocious today. Barely made a single correct decision and when he did he overplayed it or sclaffed it. Was very casual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He does this thing where he has to take a second to evaluate his options when he gets the ball and that allows defenders to nip in.  Sometimes he can use skill to get around them, but it feels like he loses the ball more often than not.

Have to say he was atrocious today. Barely made a single correct decision and when he did he overplayed it or sclaffed it. Was very casual

Maybe it's not the player but the formation/tactics.

Guest firetotheworks

We've won 8 in a row, madras. It might be time to admit that Rafa's formations and tactics might be better than yours, like. [emoji38]

He's not really shone at all in the Championship unfortunately. Was terrible against Cardiff and only a little bit better today.  I'm not sure what's up with him but he seems bereft of that bit of pace and sharpness he had 2 years ago.

We've won 8 in a row, madras. It might be time to admit that Rafa's formations and tactics might be better than yours, like. [emoji38]

The squad we have Pardew would strolled it.

He's not really shone at all in the Championship unfortunately. Was terrible against Cardiff and only a little bit better today.  I'm not sure what's up with him but he seems bereft of that bit of pace and sharpness he had 2 years ago.

Spot on, it's like watching a different player.

Like fuck would he :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

[emoji38] No he wouldn't.

Basic passing and control errors aren't really a lot to do with formation. I actually thought he was OK today; some important and sharp play, just also matched by some truly terrible stuff.

Righto.

Not seeing the development here, he's basically the same player that Pardew casually threw in two years ago to save himself after we picked him up. If anything, he has gained some sort of over-ambitious tendency, trying to use his technique and skill at times where he'd be much better off doing it simple.

A bit worrying, hopefully Rafa and his friends can coach him in the right direction, all the talent is there.