Fun88

Guest thenorthumbrian

Guest chopey

The guy that does the commercial deals at Man U must be pissed off with the bloke that does transfers.

£53m a year to sponsor Man Utd :lol: Do people really run out and buy £53m worth of Chevrolet's because they see the brand on a Man Utd top?

That's not really how sponsorship works.

Small beer really to a company with a yearly revenue of $166 billion with net profit of about $10 billion.

Guest firetotheworks

Can't imagine PUMA would agree to it either if they see them as some form of rival, they will have brand protection clauses in the kit manufacture contract.

Exactly what I was going to say. It would be a very weird situation.

£53m a year to sponsor Man Utd :lol: Do people really run out and buy £53m worth of Chevrolet's because they see the brand on a Man Utd top?

That's not really how sponsorship works.

Small beer really to a company with a yearly revenue of $166 billion with net profit of about $10 billion.

Yep. Considering Man U have such a huge fanbase in the world's most popular sport, the Chevrolet brand is going to get global exposure on a regular basis.

That Chevrolet deal is an odd one considering Chevrolet pulled out of the UK and i think Europe last year. I know Man Utd are globally known but you would have thought Europe was a target area sponsoring them.

That Chevrolet deal is an odd one considering Chevrolet pulled out of the UK and i think Europe last year. I know Man Utd are globally known but you would have thought Europe was a target area sponsoring them.

Be surprised if there's not comfortably more viewers of the PL in Asia than in Europe, also these are growing and less crowded automobile markets as countries keep developing.

Be surprised if there's not comfortably more viewers of the PL in Asia than in Europe, also these are growing and less crowded automobile markets as countries keep developing.

Fair point, just seems odd timing but as you say emerging markets must be more financially attractive.

I'm surprised Chevrolet have a foothold in Asia. You'd think Toyota, Honda, Nissan, Suzuki, Kia, Hyundai, etc would see off any outside competition (apart from luxury car manufacturers).

American cars (I'm not counting Ford or GM as they sell European rather than US model cars in Europe) never really sell in Europe as we have so much else to choose from.